Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put in a rear window and now I smell gas. Most of the time the passenger cannot smell it, but as the driver I smell it CONSTANTLY. I’ve had a full front windshield for several years and never smelled gas or exhaust but I did get a lot of dust. Now with the rear window I get A LOT LESS dust but I smell raw fuel. Any suggestions. I’m pulling stuff apart tomorrow to check for leaks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I recently put in a rear window and now I smell gas. Most of the time the passenger cannot smell it, but as the driver I smell it CONSTANTLY. I’ve had a full front windshield for several years and never smelled gas or exhaust but I did get a lot of dust. Now with the rear window I get A LOT LESS dust but I smell raw fuel. Any suggestions. I’m pulling stuff apart tomorrow to check for leaks.
Fuel cap seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I first purchased a package of rubber seals but that seems to have made it worse. I then purchased a new gas cap and it is about the same - no worse - no better. :(. I’m going to dig into it and see if it is the tank itself as I’ve seen in other videos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should also note that I store it in my garage and NEVER have smelt fuel - even storing and transporting in my enclosed trailer - never a hint of gas. That said, when I’m on a ride and smelling it the whole time, I have been checking the gas cap and when I take it off I hear a pressure release. I’m wondering if it may be the fuel vent line clogged or pinched. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly can be the vent line restricted. Does it vent inside the cab?
Well, today I discovered that the fuel vent line goes right from the tank the middle of the back of the passengers seat, just behind the plastic.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Certainly can be the vent line restricted. Does it vent inside the cab?
Well, today I discovered that the fuel vent line goes right from the tank the middle of the back of the passengers seat, just behind the plastic.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts