Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive tryed looking it up on the site an cant find really what im looking for. sry if there is alrdy a post like this.

ok my 2012 rzr 50" shreaded the belt. all i have done it 26" bighorns an a uni filter. it has 36 hrs 350 miles. i was doing alot of trail riding then i went thru some high water for the 3rd time this weekend. all was good an i was crusin along for bout 10 mins stopped an helped a guy who was broke, i took off an heard it slappin so i stopped.

i got it all torn apart an the belt cleaned out, any thoughts of what may of happened an what i should look for or be done before i buy a "S" belt an put it on, an the cover wasnt rly muddy jus alot of belt dust

thanks

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Dustin, the drive belt is a wear item on these rigs, just think of it as the clutch surface on a std drive car. If the belt slips when engaged or heats up while running in high gear @ low speeds loads it will wear. Get a heavy duty belt (I use the EPI products) in fact get two, break both in and carry one as a spare.
Also consider using low range more if you aren't already,
John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dustin, the drive belt is a wear item on these rigs, just think of it as the clutch surface on a std drive car. If the belt slips when engaged or heats up while running in high gear @ low speeds loads it will wear. Get a heavy duty belt (I use the EPI products) in fact get two, break both in and carry one as a spare.
Also consider using low range more if you aren't already,
John
ok thank you, an i need to start running in low gear at slow speeds an i do is run in high, but is there anything i need to do to make sure everything is good or do before i put a new belt on

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Make sure all the remiants of the old belt are removed, probe up the vent conduit for shreads. Witht he new belt, break-it in properly,
John

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure all the remiants of the old belt are removed, probe up the vent conduit for shreads. Witht he new belt, break-it in properly,
John
thanks john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts