Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several threads on the intake for the 170 and a lot of complaints about the carbs. Just got the kids a 2012 170 and the intake inlet is right behind the kids inside the cab, kinda "snorkeled" if u will. Does anyone know any more changes made to the 2012's? We have had no problems in shallow and mud, but reading here makes me believe we will. Any info?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only problem I have had with our '12 is with water crossings. Anything over about 6" deep and it would die. Fixed that problem with a carb vent mod. I re-jetted to clean up the backfiring and ease cold starting. The choke cable froze up for some reason and was replaced under warranty and recently the headlight rectifier smoked itself and is also under warranty. The starter system has been a bit intermittent as of late and I'm still troubleshooting it. Other than that it has been trouble free. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our choke cable got stuck on ours on its second tank of fuel. They finally did it under warranty, but were trying to charge 250 for 2 hrs labor because they said the ethanol in the fuel caused it, but I run only ethanol free fuel and run a little additive in it. What jet did u go with?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ethanol....funny.

Mine was the cable itself. I removed the old one and took it in, new one arrived in a few system.

I went with the 40 pilot/110 main for jets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts