Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my 2011 red and white le tomorrow and was wandering what is the best tire and wheels set up? my friend has 2010 le with 26x9x14 front and 26x11x14 rear and is running big horns and It seemed to handle better in the turns than my nephews stock 2011. Does anyone have any recommendations here on the Best set up?? The trails we ride are here in Pa. some tight some open dirt roads creeks, hills etc...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Buy what U want but in my opinion stay away from 14" rims. I've tried them and 2 words come to mind: PINCH FLATS! This is when the tire is slammed against the rim when hitting a hard object causing the sidewall to compress, resulting in a torn sidewall and a useless tire that cannot be fixed! It sucks to throw away a $100.00 tire. I've done that before with 14"ers, never with 12". You could put more air in the tire to help reduce the chances of this happening but ride comfort suffers and treadwear (in the center) is increased. Stick with 12" and don't think twice about it! BTW, unless you are running 30" tires or larger, IMO 14" rims look like crap. You might as well get spinners, bondo and primer the RZR, put a large wing on the back and crank up the bass on your stereo while your at it.:rm_thumbdown::rofl3::rofl3: No offence meant, maybe it's the beer talkin'.

·
Banned
397 Posts
No it is not the beer, got 14's on wife's Rzr. That was a mistake, did not realize until I got my Growlers on 12's on my new Rzr. What a difference in ride, hard to explain, but if your riding real trails with rocks, stumps, sticks, the extra sidewall is priceless!! IMO

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
Looking to buy for mine too so let me know what works. I have read so many threads my head is spinning. I dont want to lift, just want to leave it stock other than tires and wheels and wanna go bighorns. I have even heard guys say buy 4 fronts and run the 9" all the way around? When you go to the 11 or 12 were gonna gain alot in width.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2011 S came with Big Horn AT 26x12R12 in back and 26x9R12 in fornt. Great ride and haven't had her stuck yet.

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
they are great tires, and fit the S super. The regular that we have is the challenge, unless you really space them out from what I read. I don't know how many trails in WV and PA require the 50". Sounds like there are alot of S's out there so maybe i should just widen it up!

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is my firts UTV so I'm damn sure no expert. Sounds like there are a lot of differences between rigs. I have bought several aftermarket parts for my 2011 S just to find out they dont' fit my model. Story of my life..

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
Yes, and the 2011 LE is a whole different animal the the 2010. So far the lifts are different, skid plate holes are different, front bumper is different, rolecage bungs different, and on and on. Makes it tough ordering. Thats what I have found in my search so far when ordering.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Every rider likes a different terrain so to each their own on 12", 14" or now even a 15" option. Every wheel and tire combo has its ups and downs and I would suggest riding in a rig mounted on a set of one of your favorite 14" setups (wheels and tires) and then compare with a 12" of another preferred setup to see which one works better for you. Most dealers have a loaded machine on 14" out front that you can steal for a quick ride or borrow a buddy's. If you want to look purely at specs, we have all of our wheel and tire weights listed on our website if you want to compare apples to apples. Hit us up if you have any questions about the EFX Tire Line or MotoSport Alloys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My nuke M6 along with ITP Mudlite XTR 27x9x14 for the fronts and 27x11x14 for the rears should be here tomorrow, can't wait. After reading ridgerunner's post, maybe I shouldn't be so excited, that's the only riding I do for the most part. Of course doing rock crawling I'm not going very fast so I should be good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've always liked 14" rims over 12" because of better handling and never had a problem with flats at all. Where I ride I'd rather sacrifice a little comfort over being able to navigate the hillsides, trees and rocks with more precision. My S has the stock 12" rims with the stock 26" BH's and it is a little sloppy compared to what I'm used to. I want to order a set of 26"BH's on 14" rims so bad but don't know what rims I want yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you want to use Big Horns, (I am a long time user of them) and you want to stay with the 50" width, you need either:

1. 25/12/8 all the way around; or

2. 26/14/9 all the way around.

You must also stay with the stock rims or the LE Crusher rims. The offset of aftermarket wheels is such that they will make even these tires stick out beyond the 50" limit. I understand there is one aftermarket manufactures rims with the stock offset, but I have not seem them.

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
Correct, I believe its the ITP112 but There is one rime that has stock offset. I decided to give up the 50" width, as I don't know that anywhere I will ride it will hurt me. There are so many S models and new xp's that i cant imagine not being able to ride. I ordered the 14" wheels and 12 wide on the back. I will do pics when I put them on Thursday night. Gotta figure out how to post pics though to the thread.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you want to use Big Horns, (I am a long time user of them) and you want to stay with the 50" width, you need either:

You must also stay with the stock rims or the LE Crusher rims. The offset of aftermarket wheels is such that they will make even these tires stick out beyond the 50" limit. I understand there is one aftermarket manufactures rims with the stock offset, but I have not seem them.
3. 26/12/9 all the way around on four front rims, still just past 50"

Several here myself included run this setup.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Correct, I believe its the ITP112 but There is one rime that has stock offset. I decided to give up the 50" width, as I don't know that anywhere I will ride it will hurt me. There are so many S models and new xp's that i cant imagine not being able to ride. I ordered the 14" wheels and 12 wide on the back. I will do pics when I put them on Thursday night. Gotta figure out how to post pics though to the thread.

3. 26/12/9 all the way around on four front rims, still just past 50"

Several here myself included run this setup.
No need to worry about 50" in WV and I almost went with 9" all the way around for maximum performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts