Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this new for 2011.....The new rigs don't have rear sectional roll bars that tail down to a bumper from what I can tell. The cages look like standard RZRs the end behind your head. Is this new, or did they start that last year...?

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
Is this new for 2011.....The new rigs don't have rear sectional roll bars that tail down to a bumper from what I can tell. The cages look like standard RZRs the end behind your head. Is this new, or did they start that last year...?
i guess you missed all the photos of the 2011 on here a few weeks ago...no the droped the rear as they say it was making rollovers keep going now with out that rear it flips and stops...or so they say.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess you missed all the photos of the 2011 on here a few weeks ago...no the droped the rear as they say it was making rollovers keep going now with out that rear it flips and stops...or so they say.
No, I was watching the threads intently.....waiting for the mystery 850 that never appeared like everybody else.... :) Missed the part about the cage change, but it makes sense though. That flat back is supposed to act like a stop, instead of creating a ball. I like the looks of the rear bars though :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I wonder if thats why I didnt keep rolling. I love my standard lol!! jk It did stop very abruptly when it hit the tail end of the box. Sorry didnt mean to threadjack. I didnt notice it either.

Thom

·
Registered
130 Posts
I liked the rear bars and was disappointed when I picked up my 2011 "S" and didn't have any rear bars. However the Vent Racing 2+2 cage will fix that :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
So when you do a cartwheel with the '11 it will tear up the plastics instead of doing a complete cartwheel. I'd rather do a complete cartwheel than a half cartwheel (and I have in the Superlite).

·
The Beast
336 Posts
I did a roll a week ago and liked that it continued to roll and did not stop abruptly. I think that it also eliminated any damage to the cage.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did a roll a week ago and liked that it continued to roll and did not stop abruptly. I think that it also eliminated any damage to the cage.
I could see in a steep area that the machine might just keep rolling and pick up speed until it hits the bottom.....Not a pretty mental picture if you're buddy is strapped inside. Maybe it's just a way to save money, but it seems like it makes sense to use the a$$-end as a stop. I guess it would only really matter on steep rolls. If you roll doing donuts on the flat, the full bars would be nice for sure. Might have to look into a set.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts