Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pull the trigger on a set of s/w outlaw 1s. Is there anyone here running these on stock 11 or newer axles and how long( or short ) will they live? I've read so many conflicting stories but it always seems to be a "buddy's" machine that either had no problems or exploded a cv 2 miles after putting the tires on

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2011s and i ran 30 inch skinny backs on my bike for about 150 miles without a problem. When you get in a bind dont be afraid to winch out or get pulled out. Its all about throttle control. I just put gorilla rears on my bike but still have stock fronts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was running them on my '11 with OG 29.5s. They actually held together for a while pretty good with me abusing them. I finally had one snap when doing water wheelies in 4' of water in a sticky bottom tank. I pulled some really good ones until I heard a loud pop and then started going in circles.

I think they would have lasted a good bit longer, but you gotta admit water whellieing in a SXS puts a lot of stress on your axles.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well finally bought a set of s/w 29.5's.. Guess I will find ou soon how long stuff will hold together.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's all about throttle control. I started with 28 radials them got some 30 zillas. I got about 700 snorkel miles. My problem is tearing boots..... I was riding with a guy the other day that got stuck and broke a axle with stock tires and no lift. He had a heavy foot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is true about heavy foot. I have broke stock rear axles and a set of DHT Outlaw ones now on my 11 S with 29.5 Terminators. Hate to get winch out but would be cheaper. Still running stock front axles no issue.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a 13 Rzr s on 29.5 laws. Just gotta know when enough is enough. And watch that liquid courage.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a 2012 800 s , I've had 30" backs ,32 backs ,OG 29.5 laws and now 31 wides with close to 1500 miles on stock axles and haven't broke anything, all about throttle control and biting the bullet and let the strap be hooked up to the Rhino that went around the hole:rofl3:

·
Registered
457 Posts
does stepping down tire size help save axles?

Not trying to thread jack but I am in the same boat as you 13' S except I was looking to put 28" sw Outlaws (Looked at 29.5" but not sure if bigger is better for me I don't want to constantly be breaking stuff, I already have a 2" rubberdown lift and with springs normal sitting 14.5" up front and could crank them down for another 1" or so of clearance probably on factory tires.)

·
Go Hogs
419 Posts
its more the tire weight than the size. The original outlaws in a 29.5 x 10, I believe weigh less than that 28" wide rear you are looking at.
Throttle control is the huge issue. I have been running all stocks but recently bent an axle bar (right rear), so I went ahead and bought a Titan to go in its place. I want to at least put another Titan on the other side of the rear just for precautions, but havent broken any yet.
I am running 29.5 terms

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ran 30" backs on my old 800s, I broke 2 stock axles and 2 rhino axles... Its all about control and don't get stupid when you are stuck and think you can get out of deep white clay. When you have a 4500 winch to help you..... Lol I now own a 900 xp with terms and haven't broke a axle yet I know when I am stuck and let my winch do the work.

If you haven't got a clutch kit should get one makes a huge difference!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts