Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a full lock and ride front windshield for my RZR but it piles the dust in the vehicle like crazy. Cleaning it is not the issue, it's breathing it. I researched the issue and cannot find anyone who has a solid solution while running any kind of windshield - SO I removed it for now. Much better !

I ordered a full canvas cab for my new RZR. When that comes in I will install it and also put the blockoff kit in. While I'm at that I will find a way to seal up the areas under the seats.

Then I'll try running the windshield with cab and doors open.

later

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am new to the Razor world and learned that lesson the hard way myself, found out it you run a front windshield you need to have a back window on as well to reduce the dust, like you I just took my front one off for now being summer, bought the canvus back window for when it gets cold.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I went out for the first time with my 1/2 windshield and had the same problem. The dust came off of the front tires right into the cab. I took it off and it was a night and day difference. My next purchase is utv inc doors going to see if that helps. I also want a I think it was ump's windshield stiffener.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I bought a full lock and ride front windshield for my RZR but it piles the dust in the vehicle like crazy. Cleaning it is not the issue, it's breathing it. I researched the issue and cannot find anyone who has a solid solution while running any kind of windshield - SO I removed it for now. Much better !

I ordered a full canvas cab for my new RZR. When that comes in I will install it and also put the blockoff kit in. While I'm at that I will find a way to seal up the areas under the seats.

later
I hate to tell you, but when it is really dusty, and ATV's have pulverized the dirt on the trail, it really doesn't matter what you have for protection. The dust just swirls and blows in from every direction. We just came off a ride this past weekend, in an area that is 8 inches behind the seasonal rainfall. It was just big time dusty. We rode with 7 other guys with a variety of machines. They were all dusted out to the max. I guess if you went the full route of cab and block off, you'll see a difference. We just wear foam sealed goggles and drink lots of beer! Have a blast on that thing!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes I found the same problem. I was very disapointed to find how the windshield lowered my enjoyment on the trail. Yes it keeps the wind off your face a bit at high speeds but I really am not all that pleased with it. I have a half windshield. I don't want to remove it because I just spent all that money on it and I feel like I have to use it... LOL. I hope the winter will make me feel better about buying it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
For those with the half windsheild, Raise the windsheild about 3 inches, That will create a draft that will help blow out the dust. I used a swimming pool noodle as a block off kit, works great and can't be seen. Also use Gorilla tape to seal holes on the floorboard panal. That helps keep the dust out of the cab from the front wheels. It wont stop the entire problem but it helps alot. Hope this helps someone. :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I bought a full lock and ride front windshield for my RZR but it piles the dust in the vehicle like crazy. Cleaning it is not the issue, it's breathing it. later
I wonder how the little individual lock-and-ride "windshields" work....They look like they might be pretty cool for summer.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I bet the little individual ones work better where there is still air flow all around them.
To be honest I can't believe how much the half windshild changes the airflow in the cab. I mean there is only a roof on my rzr with the half windshield so why the heck is the such a change. The whole thing is wide open... LOL. You just wouldn't think a little half windshield would make that much difference on something with a wide open cage...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a full windshield and the canvas enclosure that i just installed. I dont have any data yet as to it's protection because i havent been out yet. However, with the canvas enclosure there are some mud guards to install. Has anyone installed these before? The instructions are so horrible i cannot even tell what location they are even supposed to go. Can anyone give any information about these guards?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
One of the best purchases I made: From UTV Tech

UTV Tech

It's a windshield stiffener which allows you to raise your half windshield a couple of inches above the hood to allow for better airflow.

·
Banned
399 Posts
If you guys want a windsheild buy a jeep.I think that not having a windsheild is part of the fun of having an utv the wind blowing thru your hair if you have any.LOL!

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
You create a low pressure area behind the window and it will always hold the dust behind it! Even a rear window will only cut down the dust because it can't draw it in from behind! Let the air flow or I agree buy a jeep with air and heat then roll up the windows and turn up the stereo and its just like your not even there;)

·
Registered
13,408 Posts

later
I hate to tell you, but when it is really dusty, and ATV's have pulverized the dirt on the trail, it really doesn't matter what you have for protection. The dust just swirls and blows in from every direction. We just came off a ride this past weekend, in an area that is 8 inches behind the seasonal rainfall. It was just big time dusty. We rode with 7 other guys with a variety of machines. They were all dusted out to the max. I guess if you went the full route of cab and block off, you'll see a difference. We just wear foam sealed goggles and drink lots of beer! Have a blast on that thing!!!
x2. i have the half windshield, it helps esp keeping a few rocks and sticks outta the cab. But dust is going to get in there no matter what. Bought me a set of $40 oakley googles. Not the coolest things ever but they work......enjoy!!:redrzr:

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you guys want a windsheild buy a jeep.I think that not having a windsheild is part of the fun of having an utv the wind blowing thru your hair if you have any.LOL!

I agree!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
You need a rear window to go with the front windshield.. Fixes the problem and you still get air in the cab.. For you guys that say you don't need a front window I've got a pretty good mark on mine where a baseball size rock got slung into it. And I mean hard.. Hard enough it would have atleast knocked me out. I was a good 30 feet behind the guy infront of me but we were going up a slight hill. At anyrate between that and the dust, mud and tree branches I love my windshield.. Not to mention when its cold out its worth its weight in gold.. If its very dusty its still going to come in unless you block off the entire cab.. But then it would be to hot in the summer. We can ride with nothing but sun glasses 98% of the time. While others in our group with out front and back windows will have masks and full goggles on.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You need a rear window to go with the front windshield.. Fixes the problem and you still get air in the cab.. For you guys that say you don't need a front window I've got a pretty good mark on mine where a baseball size rock got slung into it. And I mean hard.. Hard enough it would have atleast knocked me out. I was a good 30 feet behind the guy infront of me but we were going up a slight hill. At anyrate between that and the dust, mud and tree branches I love my windshield.. Not to mention when its cold out its worth its weight in gold.. If its very dusty its still going to come in unless you block off the entire cab.. But then it would be to hot in the summer. We can ride with nothing but sun glasses 98% of the time. While others in our group with out front and back windows will have masks and full goggles on.
not to mention all the bugs, he obviously hasnt ridden in the south on a hot summer evening

1 - 20 of 34 Posts