Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a couple questions about the 2011 S.. Polaris doesnt have much for specs on their website anymore. I see they have 27 in tires on the base model S, but when I saw the new black S in the dealership, it had 26 in bighorns... does anybody know why? I also am confused about the hp.. it does not say it on polaris website. I have seen videos where they say 53 hp and a video that claims 55hp.. which is it.. did we lose hp this yr, or gain ?? Did the frames change? Looks like the standard rzr is 1" longer?? that puts us 1" over the legal width to put on a trailer sideways... any comments would be appreciated :popcorn:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Do you think anyone will notice that extra one inch"?

My guess is the HP is less this year and that is why they are not listing it on the spec sheet.:shhh::shhh::shhh::shhh:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Whose video was it? Everything is going to vary a little. Even if you did confirm it was however long....by the time you got it home and measured it yourself it would probably vary.
I don't see why they would throw 27" tires on it either....they have always been 26" bighorns.
I know somethings are deceiving. They advertised the standard rzr as being capable of 60 mph, I still haven't got it over about 57 b/c of the rev limiter...

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whose video was it? Everything is going to vary a little. Even if you did confirm it was however long....by the time you got it home and measured it yourself it would probably vary.
I don't see why they would throw 27" tires on it either....they have always been 26" bighorns.
I know somethings are deceiving. They advertised the standard rzr as being capable of 60 mph, I still haven't got it over about 57 b/c of the rev limiter...
I believe it was polaris's video that claimed 53 hp, and it was like utv guide or some other video that said 55 hp. So Im guessing polaris is going to be more right lol . As far as the length, that is one spec they did list. The 27 in tires is also something they listed for the Cheaper S model, but they dont have any specs for the LE models that still have fox shocks.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It is true that the 11's have 2 less HP. Some even claim that a side by side comparison has confirmed that the 11's aren't running to their full potential vs the 2010's. The difference, many believe is due to the new injectors, etc that they changed.

However, this is just what I have read. I can't confirm or deny these facts. Take it with a grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eh....its all changeable, how much difference do you really think 2hp makes?
im not so concerned about the 2hp.. I would just like to see polaris put the specs back up on the website.. You cant view the 2010 models at all anymore now.. I think its a little premature to take them off, considering you could still view the 09 models up till the put the 2011 models up.

·
Desert Rat
2,149 Posts
I think the base model "S" has 27's on it, but the LE comes with the Bighorns.

As I understand it, the HP drop is due to the change to Bosch injection and increasing the mileage by 30%. From what I've been hearing the 2011 pulls harder in the mid range, but the 2010 has a little more top end.

·
Just kidding!
11,524 Posts
It is true that the 11's have 2 less HP. Some even claim that a side by side comparison has confirmed that the 11's aren't running to their full potential vs the 2010's. The difference, many believe is due to the new injectors, etc that they changed.

However, this is just what I have read. I can't confirm or deny these facts. Take it with a grain of salt.
That may be true.They have 30% better fuel economy they may have lost a little HP

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the base model "S" has 27's on it, but the LE comes with the Bighorns.

As I understand it, the HP drop is due to the change to Bosch injection and increasing the mileage by 30%. From what I've been hearing the 2011 pulls harder in the mid range, but the 2010 has a little more top end.
Yeh the base model has the 27in and the le come with the 26in bighorns. Everyone seems to be confused on this. Its not that they are lying to you its just you getting people getting them confused.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.