Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to adjust the headlights on the new S model? It appears there is just a screw you loosen on a half cam type bracket and then move it by hand. This is nothing like any other headlight adjustment. From the factory, both of my lights hot spots are hitting about 10 feet off the ground and on high, they are 15 feet high!!! Perfect for **** hunting I guess, not so good for driving at night!!:rofl3:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have missed it and my manual is home. Can you tell me what page to look or better, how to do it? All I saw about aiming was the standard, "make a mark on a wall with RZR at 25 feet about 8 inches below measured height of headlight. Use headlight adjuster to aim" What headlight adjuster and where is it? I don't see one and this is the only thing I saw on aiming the headlight.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If it's like the 2010, that's all there is. Just loosen, aim and tighten.

I didn't use a wall, just fired it up in the desert at night and aimed at the farthest spot my ol' eyes could see......so, with the hi/lo setup I'd set it on high and aim it out where you need it. :)

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
stick ur head under the front fender, the adjustment screw is right there on the outside of the headlight. loosen, move headlight and tighten. my headlights were the same way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that was the screw I was looking at, just didn't know if there was something else to loosen or move.

·
Steve
119 Posts
My 2011 was the same way. The first ride was at the dunes and when we were at the bottom of a dune, the lights went all the way up to the top. After adjustment, the lights were actually pretty good.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
yeah, i added lights to my old rzr, dont think i need them on this one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep same way on mine. I've got HID's on my other machines but honestly I've been pretty happy with the high/low lights on my 2011 and may wait on putting HID's on this machine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just recently got my 11' and rode it the other night for the first time in the dark and was becoming very mad at Polaris for not even knowing how to put some headlights in the right way lol. Just glad I am addicted to this site and all of the help you guys give! Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts