Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my trusted 08 rzr it was driven like it was stolen all the time, regular maintaince done and never let me down ever!!! For the beating it took it was a great machine, went anywhere the guys with big tires and lift kits went. 3000miles on the same belt.
I am going to purchase a new 2011 s model, what are the changes over the 10 model s rzr.
There is a white 2010 for 12500 at the dealer kinda like the new look of the front end.
Also noticed the decals have a paper backing on them when pressure washed they are blasting off.
Comments please.....

·
Fireball_Brian
682 Posts
I just sold my trusted 08 rzr it was driven like it was stolen all the time, regular maintaince done and never let me down ever!!! For the beating it took it was a great machine, went anywhere the guys with big tires and lift kits went. 3000miles on the same belt.
I am going to purchase a new 2011 s model, what are the changes over the 10 model s rzr.
There is a white 2010 for 12500 at the dealer kinda like the new look of the front end.
Also noticed the decals have a paper backing on them when pressure washed they are blasting off.
Comments please.....
I came to find out that they have smaller axles as well. Dumb move polaris... Maybe they wanted that to be the weak link. IDK

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
i hadnt heard smaller axles, that sucks. other changes are shocks, tires, better mileage, 2 hp less, roll cage, and nets.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Also have 29% better air flow and hi/low beam lights. The decals are having some problems as mentioned before. My dealer is taking pictures and contacting polaris to have them replaced.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
In addition to what's been said, all the gauges are sealed this MY.

There's been a lot of talk of the changes to the head design on the 800. Can speak more of it, but worth considering and reading more about here. There may be more HP to be had once the '11 models get looked at closely by the aftermarket industry.

As mentioned the mileage is increased. I can't believe how little fuel is burned for an 800. Excellent efficiency. It gets a "4" on the government smog reports out of a possible "10". 1 being the best.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i hadnt heard smaller axles, that sucks. other changes are shocks, tires, better mileage, 2 hp less, roll cage, and nets.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions about this change. Bofh ends are the same size as before ,the center section is choked down a bit. It probably was done to make the inevitable twisting action happen in a controlled area of the axle(the center area). This could POSSIBLY have been done to add some driveline flex and/or to maintain CV geometry. It doesn't look like a cheaper part.

Scotty

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
The 011 is slower then the 010 and the hp is down a bit but it gets better mileage nothing a magic box cant fix
and its missin the back half of the cage ??

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Yes RZR-S lost a couple Hp but has improved Fuel economy. Most people say its not really much difference. People are just a little mad that a newer model lost some HP vs gaining it lol.
I really like the new cluster and the extra cooling was needed.. If I was buying one today I'd probably go for the 2011 unless there was a huge price difference.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
my 2011 seems to have better low and mid, lost a tiny bit on top. fine with me cause top-end power is usually easiest to find. axles are smaller but maybe they are made out of better material?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
A few other small changes, side bars are bigger and longer, lower plastic side panels now bolt thru the side rather than undr the body, the black wheels on the S le is now satin duller black than the gloss black they were on the 2010, the under seat storage box lid is gone, seat belts are different and mounted to a different part of the roll bar, no more little yellow button on dash speedo function button now part of the speedo, new fuel injection system made by bosch, other motor changes, transmission upgrades, front sprague is now metal, voltage regulator is now mounted behind the fan rather than in front of the radiator, lower torque specs for tighting the lug nuts on the alloy wheels, redesigned cvt exhaust vent, and i will probably find more as i keep messing with mine.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
im gettin excited, just waiting on my 2011 to arrive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love mine. I need to tell the bank to put all my money on hold though because I keep wanting to buy stuff for it.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
A few other small changes, side bars are bigger and longer, lower plastic side panels now bolt thru the side rather than undr the body, the black wheels on the S le is now satin duller black than the gloss black they were on the 2010, the under seat storage box lid is gone, seat belts are different and mounted to a different part of the roll bar, no more little yellow button on dash speedo function button now part of the speedo, new fuel injection system made by bosch, other motor changes, transmission upgrades, front sprague is now metal, voltage regulator is now mounted behind the fan rather than in front of the radiator, lower torque specs for tighting the lug nuts on the alloy wheels, redesigned cvt exhaust vent, and i will probably find more as i keep messing with mine.
Nice finds Gun. Did you get the sealed gauges change?

Love my '11 S, but don't have anything older to compare it to :) All I know is that it rips a$$ on the trails and power slides through corners at will. Probably the single best purchase of my adult life.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice finds Gun. Did you get the sealed gauges change?

Love my '11 S, but don't have anything older to compare it to :) All I know is that it rips a$$ on the trails and power slides through corners at will. Probably the single best purchase of my adult life.
I guess they are talking about the speedo cluster, so i guess it is, i havent looked but i never had a issue with my 09 or 10 if they were not sealed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts