Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have installed a RDC lift for my 2011 RZR. I have ZERO binding in the rear of my RZR and could'nt be happier with the finished product.

Customer Service... A+

Product... A+

Buyer have confidence when buying from Rubberdown. This is a great company that is geared toward serving the customer and putting out a product that works as advertised. Thanks Rubberdown!

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well fronts are left to be determined yet. Had a small mix-up that is in the process of being fixed. I'll get back to you on that.

I just a hair under 1.5 inches in the rear though. Binding was my biggest issue as well as getting a little extra ground clearance. This lift accomplished both. No binding, more clearance. So, I'm happy with the kit.

I was told the rears are the main problem with binding, so I think the fronts won't have any bind once I get them installed.

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be there tomorrow with any luck, it went out Monday morning. Again, sorry for the mix up.
I didn't have a ride scheduled until this weekend so no harm done at all, the RZR would have been sitting anyways.

Scheduled delivery today. Unless another freak snow storm comes out of nowhere I figure it will be at the latest tomorrow.

You guys are just about the easiest vendor to work with I have come across. It's like your'e in this to help the customer out which rarely happens anymore. Keep up the good work Rubberdown! :ride:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Should be there tomorrow with any luck, it went out Monday morning. Again, sorry for the mix up.
I didn't have a ride scheduled until this weekend so no harm done at all, the RZR would have been sitting anyways.

Scheduled delivery today. Unless another freak snow storm comes out of nowhere I figure it will be at the latest tomorrow.

You guys are just about the easiest vendor to work with I have come across. It's like your'e in this to help the customer out which rarely happens anymore. Keep up the good work Rubberdown! :ride:

Thanks man, honestly, my full time day job (for the last 21-1/2 years) has taught me that good customer service and excellent quality will almost always keep a customer coming back, and will usually make them see past saving a few bucks by shopping elsewhere.

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man, honestly, my full time day job (for the last 21-1/2 years) has taught me that good customer service and excellent quality will almost always keep a customer coming back, and will usually make them see past saving a few bucks by shopping elsewhere.
There you go. That's how things should be. World would be a much better place if people simply cared.

You have me sold as a customer! Just gotta make some more to spend with you! That's the tough part...

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front lift received and installed. Couldn't be more pleased with the product!

·
Registered
587 Posts
No binding on this kit, no binding on the 2007 to 2010 lift kits either ;)

The front kit should give you right around a 2" gain in height. This is what we got on the machines we have installed it in and measured.

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have spring spacers on the back because I have a 2011 model. Just hair under 1.5 inches there.

On the fronts I have the bracket lift. I got a solid 2 3/16'' on the front. Really love the change in stance. Doesn't look like my RZR is running downhill anymore.

I ended up with 14 1/2'' clearance in the front and 14 1/4'' in the rear with the tire combo I have. I was looking to get 12-13 inches both front and back. The rubberdown lift accomplished that mark and then some.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have spring spacers on the back because I have a 2011 model. Just hair under 1.5 inches there.

On the fronts I have the bracket lift. I got a solid 2 3/16'' on the front. Really love the change in stance. Doesn't look like my RZR is running downhill anymore.

I ended up with 14 1/2'' clearance in the front and 14 1/4'' in the rear with the tire combo I have. I was looking to get 12-13 inches both front and back. The rubberdown lift accomplished that mark and then some.
Thanks for the info. How long did it take to install. Any special tools or skills required to install ? I can operate a socket set and read directions but that's about it.

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The front will take you all of 20 minutes to install. Easy as can be. Remove bottom shock bolt. Install bracket and sway bar relocation plate. Tighten down the bolts supplied with the kit.

The rear took me about an hour and half. Reason being that I didn't have an extra set of hands to hold down the shock while I was compressing the spring to insert the rear shock spacer. So, I would invite a friend over to help with the rear lift. The only special tool needed is a Spring Compressor from any auto parts store. I bought on myself to have, but you can rent one for free at Autozone. It will require a deposit that will be refunded when you return the compressor.

Here's what a spring compressor looks like:

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

They're really easy to use. Just a simple socket compresses those hooks you see. It just take awhile to get the spring compressed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks ! I'm impressed with your results. I think you said you had 26 inch tires. I have 26.5 pitbulls so I'm hoping for similar results.

·
Pin it to Win it
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went with 27 inch Mud Lites actually. Thought I was gonna go 26 then decided to do the 27's. With the big lugs on the Lite's I actually came up with 27 inches of height out of them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am thinking of going with this same lift I'm just wondering after sometime on the trails are you still happy with the lift? My biggest concern is binding as well and excessive wear and tear on the CV's. Does this lift cause either? I really want to go with Rubberdown cause A. customer service is a big thing in my books and B. They are a Canadian company. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
There is NO CV bind on this kit and I have never seen first hand any CV bind on ANY our our 18 or 20 different lift kits we offer.

Where abouts are you in Canada?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts