Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some opinions on what rig to get... I've finally talked my wife into getting a new toy... but now comes the vital decision on which to get... I've definitely decided to get a RZR, but the difference between the "standard" and the "S" make it a difficult decision. I live in Colorado which has a huge array of trails that allow the 50" track width...pointing to the standard... But we love duning and rock crawling around...which points to the S...Is anyone out there familiar with Colorado and has a solid opinion on which to get.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Don't know anything about Co, but do ride the 50" trails in Utah and the sand and rocks.
I have 2" spacers and a 2" lift I've installed Walker Evens shocks and with the rear wheels reversed on the hubs, I'[email protected] 65" wide on the back for the sand. This isn't a perfect "S" (but I feel my shocks are better) but I can remove my spacers and ride Utah. An "S" can't,
John

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well if you look at each option....

Standard rzr: you can go anywhere, have a heck of a great time, but get a little less of a good ride and stability.

Rzr S: You are restricted as to where you can ride wether it be a legal issue or just a narrow trail issue, Have a heck of a great time where you can go, and enjoy the stability and comfort of the ride.

You really have to study where you will be riding or wanting to ride. I would have liked the stability and comfort of an "S" but i'm sure glad I didn't and thought about my trails because i've come to many places in the woods where I would have had to turn around and thats if there would be room to turn around (probably back my way out for some distance)...

Everyone that gets in my standard LE comments on the smooth ride (probably comparing to being on an ATV) so don't think that getting a standard Rzr is going to be rough, it's just not as smooth as the S. I've never driven an S so to be honest i'm going by what other people say about the comfort of the ride an S gives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think we had this exact same thread a day or two ago. Anyway, base it on where you ride. I ride in texas, and not at the TMTC trails, but mostly private parks. They are more relaxed in rules, and I can ride where i can fit. Some of the best trails have obstacles that a RZR can squeeze though, but are 100% impossible for an S model. I've also ridden at parks where my RZR gets stuck and has to turn around. I don't go there anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts