Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The 2011's do not have engine braking? Mine brakes going down hill until you get to about 2-3 mph then it free wheels.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The 2011's do not have engine braking? Mine brakes going down hill until you get to about 2-3 mph then it free wheels.
Thats just the natural hold back of the motor using this type of clutch system, and if you check it will freewheel soon as it drops to a rpm at or lower than its engagement of around 1700 rpm. To get it to freewheel faster take your foot off the gas and soon as the rpms drop it will. There is nothing you can do to change this to have less or quicker freewheeling other than changing the primary spring to a stronger one which would raise the engagement rpm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would like more engine brake. Just like my sportsman 850. Now that will crawl down some steep hills! Not using the brakes is just saving on wear points. I hope polaris starts giving us the option about ebs on rzr. I can probably see the need not to have ebs in the dunes but in the rocky back country going slow down a washed out road is very important if you want to kept off your lid.
PS: I did read on one thread that there might be a way to have ebs but I would like one of the vendors to verify this. Please

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I would like more engine brake. Just like my sportsman 850. Now that will crawl down some steep hills! Not using the brakes is just saving on wear points. I hope polaris starts giving us the option about ebs on rzr. I can probably see the need not to have ebs in the dunes but in the rocky back country going slow down a washed out road is very important if you want to kept off your lid.
PS: I did read on one thread that there might be a way to have ebs but I would like one of the vendors to verify this. Please
Never heard of it on a RZR. I had a 850 and the EBS was pretty amazing. You could drop down some really nasty steeps and remain in control. It's not a cheap addition to a machine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
All a guy needs is the EBS clutch from an 800 sportsman, put the right wieghts and spring in it and your of to the races. May need to change the belt too...not sure on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts