Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fan comes on at 204 but temp continues to climb. Going to try a friends rad cap tomorrow and try to bleed air out of the coolant lines if there is any. Any tips on how to do this? I know where the bleed screw is just not the process on how to get the air out. Anything else I should look for? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine seems to be starting to do the same thing , used to come on at 204 and drop down to 185 or so and kick off . Now it comes on at 204 , continues to climb to 210 or so then starts to drop . I wash my radiator out good after every ride , I've had mine in plenty of mud but I've never seen any in the radiator .

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs !

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was my buddies bike, got over there to look at it and he cleaned the radiator out really good and it's operating normal now. He took the front plastic off and didn't realize how much dirt was in there!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Matt,

Some pointers on getting all the air out of a RZR coolant system. Motor cold

Raise the front of your RZR and set the front tires on sections of rail road tie or concrete blocks.

Remove the radiator cap

Fill the radiator to nearly the top.

Walk away for about an hour, top the radiator off repeat until you come back and the radiator is full.

Put the radiator cap back on and remove the blocks from under the front tires.

Fill the coolant expansion bottle to the cold mark.

Go ride. Don't be surprised if you have to add to the coolant expansion bottle 2 or 3 times.

All done.

Done this twice for accessory installation and it has worked great.

JMO

Pirate

·
Moab Rocks-Glamis Screams
205 Posts
Matt,

Some pointers on getting all the air out of a RZR coolant system. Motor cold

Raise the front of your RZR and set the front tires on sections of rail road tie or concrete blocks.

Remove the radiator cap

Fill the radiator to nearly the top.

Walk away for about an hour, top the radiator off repeat until you come back and the radiator is full.

Put the radiator cap back on and remove the blocks from under the front tires.

Fill the coolant expansion bottle to the cold mark.

Go ride. Don't be surprised if you have to add to the coolant expansion bottle 2 or 3 times.

All done.

Done this twice for accessory installation and it has worked great.

JMO

Pirate
I have to agree with Pirate you need to do this reguardless of everything else.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Good advice Pirate and Peyton are giving you.

My bet is, once coolant system is bleed correctly, your problem will be gone.

jmo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts