Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any detailed info on the new 2011+ RZR 800 air to water intercooled kit? Such as what's included and where the intercooler is placed, ect.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The 2011+ RZR 800 Air to water system is virtually the same as the '08-'10 setup.

It will have an AEM air filter between the seats just like the old kits due to the intercooler being in the way of the Donaldson filter featured in the non-intercooled 2011.

It uses a different throttle body adapter than the old kits.

The electronics and fuel injector are different due to Polaris changing the ECU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you had any issues with the 2011+ stock pistons and the ring gap? I think they boosted the compression a little in 2011?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they turned all of the engines into S engines and raised the rev limiter.

It hasn't been a major issue but there have been a couple people who broke ring lands. In all of the cases that I can think of, the RZR was almost brand new and the engines weren't broke in yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they turned all of the engines into S engines and raised the rev limiter.

It hasn't been a major issue but there have been a couple people who broke ring lands. In all of the cases that I can think of, the RZR was almost brand new and the engines weren't broke in yet.
How many hours/miles would you recommend before installing one then?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I always recommend putting at least two tanks of fuel through the RZR and driving at a wide range of RPMs. Don't make drastic changes in throttle position, if possible slowly ramp up the RPMS and don't hold it wide open for extended times. Also keep a close eye on the water temp, new engines tend to be tight and easily overheat.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of gains are you seeing over the regular kit you sell? Or is this more to prevent detonation? Can that be prevented with the methanol kit? I have no interest in running race gas.

I think your turbo is the best option with the self contained lube. Seeing as the new Can Am is also 64" wide like the XP, I guess a turbo is the only option out there for those that need a narrower platform and want more power. Should keep you guys busy.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
With the Air to water intercooler you are roughly making about 10%-15% more power than the non-intercooled setup.

It does help prevent detonation by reducing the air temps, it also gives you denser air which means more power.

A water-methanol injection system can be added and we have been selling this since we introduced our 2011+ kits. The system works very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts