Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 standard Rzr. Wondering at what RPM should it be hitting the rev limiter. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok mine is hitting it right around 6000rpm. anything i can do about it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am at 1,242ft

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
clutch won't change the rev limiter.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
i wonder if polaris changed the rev limit for 2011?

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
There have been a few posts about the engines cutting out at lower rpms... I wonder if it is the rev limiter or something to do with the new EFI system? The EFI was changed for better fuel economy.

H

·
0 Posts
are you sure it's not the speed limter?
Unless it is new for 2011 I'm pretty sure there is no electronic "speed" limiter...

To the OP...when is it hitting the limiter? High range at top speed? If so how fast are you going?

If you hit it in low range it could just be the slow tach...with my Turbo set up when I was initally dialing in the clutch it would be on the 7000RPM limter out of the hole and the tach would say 5300:rofl3:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
got me thinking, so i jumped in my 2011 s and headed down the road. pulled hard to 6300 and pretty much stayed right there. ran perfectly! no rev-limiter on mine at that rpm. might be at 6350, but not at 6300. i'm at sea level. bone stock with spark arrestor removed. that's as fast as i could go on the short road i have, too much traffic.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
got me thinking, so i jumped in my 2011 s and headed down the road. pulled hard to 6300 and pretty much stayed right there. ran perfectly! no rev-limiter on mine at that rpm. might be at 6350, but not at 6300. i'm at sea level. bone stock with spark arrestor removed. that's as fast as i could go on the short road i have, too much traffic.
If you want to check when it hits, do it in low gear. Accelerate watching the rpm s till it starts to skip.

H

·
0 Posts
clutch won't change the rev limiter.
Clutch weights in the primary surely will affect if or not you hit or dont hit the limiter. To light of weights will make it hit fast, too heavy will stop it from ever reaching it, you have to tune it to hit at the right rpm.
I think what he was saying is clutching will not change the RPM that the rev limiter is set at....

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
i hit 6350 and appeared to be running 63 mph. no rev limiter, didnt hold it to the floor very long, only has 23 miles on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts