Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If its setup like a Rhino then yes if you use one of the popular kits out. On my Rhino I wired into the hi beam and had no low beam. Unless you are going to try to be street legal the low was never used anyways as it sucked. Dual beam kits eventually came out for the Rhino but were double the price and not many go that route. I'm sure you can find a dual beam kit on Ebay that uses the same type bulb as the RZR.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just installed a complete HID kit in my rzr 4 2011 and the low beams are HID but the high beams are not they are just like my old high beams. but now with my new HID's I dont need the high beams the only thing I am worrying about is the heat of my new lights and hope it does not melt my housings.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The DDM Kits are great! I Have the 55 Watt kit and its single beam only. Its when the Switch is on High Beam they go on. It works for me great and I have been in the dunes with just those lights. They work great But plan to add a Rigid LED bar! Cant beat the price and simple install!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just installed a complete HID kit in my rzr 4 2011 and the low beams are HID but the high beams are not they are just like my old high beams. but now with my new HID's I dont need the high beams the only thing I am worrying about is the heat of my new lights and hope it does not melt my housings.
So the stock headlight for 2011 has two bulbs? I've wanted a similar set up you have but didn't think it was possible due to the stock headlight having one bulb that changes intensity for high and low. I was hoping to keep my lows stock and use high with the HID kit. I sometimes drive back roads at night to get where I ride but do not want to blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the rzr and rzr4 have same light set up for 2011 so this would be the same for yours.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a set of Hi/low HID from UTV Inc. They work great!
How did you install them??? I just got mine in and very disappointed that there are no installation instructions. I am searching the site for instructions and ran across this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts