Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got/seen new 2011 cyn. head ? this ones rummerd to have better port , combustion chamber design and better fuel injector location ,resulting in a large part of 30% fuel effiency gain for the 2011 yr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not the best pics in the world but alright. Took these the other day while I was stripping mine down, tired to get them the best I could with the motor still in the chassis.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY thanks for pictures!!! Kids look closely injectors are now way into ports in front of spark plugs, Whole intake side differnt , also look at lenght of new 2 into1 header runners could hint at major exhaust revisions also. Hey drhammer now all we need you to do is take head off remove valves and give us some great pictures of combuxtion chamber, intake and exhaust valve pockets , and intake and exhaust ports, you might as well measure valve sizes just incase theve changed them also...(using jedi mind technechs powerless to resist) Thanks again for pics rzr forum members are the best

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey gunrunner did you think po po was going to say annoncing that weve improved our horrible combustion chamber design, modified our 40 plus year old port design and moved our injectors to a much better place? On the plus side thares probably horse power in them thair hills!!! also already looked it up brand new part number, also notice it looks like completly new intake boot. I'd also be guessing but they probably brought intake divider closer to boot also (old siamise intake horsepower trick) But remember with combustion effiency/better breathing you can get more h.p. as well ,I'd bet next years gets new cam and gains 5-10 h.p. easily as these motors ports were so poorly designed thats why we never saw the gains in h.p. we should of when porting ,over sized valves and larger cams are installed. Garbagr in Garbage out !!!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
looks like a completely new throttle body and sensors.
is that a bypass line below the thermostat? where does it go?

·
Registered
63 Posts
looks like a completely new throttle body and sensors.
is that a bypass line below the thermostat? where does it go?
I havn't really dug to deep into it yet, but will before long....I just installed a HPD high flow bypass on a buddy's 2010 Holz Stage III the other day and it seems basically the same as it, that hose you see coming out of head between the themistor and thermostat drops down about 10"-12" to a T in the (engine coolant line connecting to the water pump)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
will have combustion pictures soon ...

the also added a cam timing sensor ... for the injector timing. I was told the injectors are not aimed into the port ... they are 90 deg to the intake runner now and they have a new valve cover to clear the injectors bit it looks like they are wrong.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like pcv vent port might have moved alittle to clear jnjectors, but those injectors definetly look to by pointing at intake valves, as they should be. Can position sensor would definetly help m.p.g. as you can use less fuel, shot only when valve is open

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hey gunrunner did you think po po was going to say annoncing that weve improved our horrible combustion chamber design, modified our 40 plus year old port design and moved our injectors to a much better place?
I just said what polaris said, but if all these improvements will make HP, sucks they also say the 2011 has 2 HP less than the 2010. They also changed the cvt exhasut boot, only has 1 clamp now. Im seeing plenty more small things different
everytime i look at mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did someone see any hp gain in just changing to a 2011 head?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts