Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode a new 2011 Rzr Le this weekend. We had two people in the Rzr and we rode hard for about 65 miles. We were in the mountians topping out at an altitude of about 10000'. I only used about 3.5 Gals of gas which was a little less than half a tank on the gauge. The other 2009 Rzr I was riding with had to put gas in at about 55 miles. I was impress with the mileage. What is everyone else seeing with the 2011?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
When polaris interdouce the 2011 models they 30% more in the range,i see that is a very good advantage for the long rides.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew that was what Polaris claimed. I just didn't belive it. I was also was impress with the power, it seems like more than my last 2009 Le.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I thought that the 2011 is slower than the pervoius models because of the improve milage.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I thought that the 2011 is slower than the pervoius models because of the improve milage.
Seems thats not true either, check out this topic several stating top speed of 68 verified by gps. I know mine is faster than my 10 was but i havent rung it out, as to fuel usage, i rode mine all day thru ruff trails and used 3 bars, my 10 would have been close to empty so i know mileage is way up and i like it!

68mph topic;
http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-s-specific-discussion/36574-2011-rzr-s-top-speed-68-mph.html

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've put about 60 miles on my 11 and still have 2 bars left, haven't filled it up yet, but most of the riding was low range and on the gas (tight trails and steep hills).

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
That's good to know that you can ride a lot longer in the 2011's. Is it the same for the Rzr4?

·
noob
499 Posts
Yeah there is a huge difference between my '10 and my friends '11. We did an aggressive 37 mile trip a few weeks ago, and while I was below a quarter tank, he was at more than half a tank.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Yep...It's true. I filled up yesterday at exactly the 40 mile marker and put 2.1 gallons in the tank. Outstanding mileage for a day of hard riding in woods and open fields. The ATVs I was with were getting ready for gas. I could have ridden another 100 miles.

67-68 on speedo yesterday on a dirt straight. Spooky fast :scared2:

·
Registered
649 Posts
My 2008 averages 19 mpg with 2 adults on board! We don't drive it like we stole it but we don't putt along either. The gauge seems to be inacurate. My 08 will say 1 bar left and only take about 3 gallons. When I'm showing empty It only takes about 4 gallons if I hit the pumps when it first shows empty! No complaints at all on the fuel consumtion on the 2008 from me!

·
Weekend Warrior!
94 Posts
I have a 2011 RZR4. I was able to ride 130 miles on a tank and wasn't quite empty. I bet I could go 140.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by RZRUAE
Seems thats not true either, check out this topic several stating top speed of 68 verified by gps. I know mine is faster than my 10 was but i havent rung it out, as to fuel usage, i rode mine all day thru ruff trails and used 3 bars, my 10 would have been close to empty so i know mileage is way up and i like it!

68mph topic;
http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-s-speci...ed-68-mph.html
68mph for a 2011, i think i need to stop saying that the 2011 is slower,if it is faster and

better in saving fuel for long trips,polaris made the bomb.

·
Weekend Warrior!
94 Posts
It is not faster. I drag raced stock for stock my 2011 RZR4 against a 2010 RZR 4. On the street same tires the 2010 pulled me off the bottom and slowly walked away to about a length and a half at the top end. We did this twice with the same results. Mine will only go 62 on a flat dirt road with just me in it. I have also heard this from other 2011 owners

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It is not faster. I drag raced stock for stock my 2011 RZR4 against a 2010 RZR 4. On the street same tires the 2010 pulled me off the bottom and slowly walked away to about a length and a half at the top end. We did this twice with the same results. Mine will only go 62 on a flat dirt road with just me in it. I have also heard this from other 2011 owners
Thats on the 4's, the 68mph many are doing is on the S models. The 4 weighs a bunch more so it will be slower.

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK, which is faster, the stock 2011 base or the RZR S? Is there clutching differences?

The base got the increase in HP and the S had a small decrease. Has anyone gotten a base to 68?

I ask since I plan to purchase a new 2011. The S is too wide for our 50" limited park trails and thus leave me with the base RZR.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
OK, which is faster, the stock 2011 base or the RZR S? Is there clutching differences?

The base got the increase in HP and the S had a small decrease. Has anyone gotten a base to 68?

I ask since I plan to purchase a new 2011. The S is too wide for our 50" limited park trails and thus leave me with the base RZR.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
No, all rzr's got the same motor in 2011, but the standard might still be faster being it has 25'' tires and is lighter.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
rode 160 miles on my 11 rzr, then she started flashin. I think i pulled about 90-100 miles to a tank on my 09.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would only get 70 miles or so doing mud riding in low gear on my 08.
It's great to hear that the changes give the stock RZR more HP and fuel economy...

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
rode 160 miles on my 11 rzr, then she started flashin. I think i pulled about 90-100 miles to a tank on my 09.
Awesome mileage. That beats my ~20mpg rating last go. We had the hammer down though for most of the ride. Hard to believe it gets such good economy when it's being asked for a lot of energy for a sustained time (in my case). I said earlier, but will say again...A friend with a 400 Suzuki quad used more fuel than I. :ride:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts