Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...I'm a newbie to the RZR fan club. Just bought a new 11 RZR LE last weekend and am absolutely in love with it. I do have question for anyone out there with a 2011 though. Mine seems to run between 190 and 207 degrees pretty consistently and anytime the temp goes over 202, the fan is kicking on. Oil and coolant levels are normal, haven't noticed any leaks or anything else amiss. I've read on other threads here that 180 - 190 is about normal, but since the 2011 is the first with the integral temp gauge, I'm wondering if anyone else with a 2011 can tell me what they're normal range seems to be. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 11 operates at the same temps. My fan is constantly kicking on. 110 degreed here in AZ so it's to be expected. I'm hoping it runs a little cooler when things cool down.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Where is the temp sensor on those?

Where it is placed will change the readings.
Most aftermarket kits have to put a fitting on the coolant hose.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
the fan kicks in at 208 on the older ones and 190 to 207 is lower than the older ones 180 to 210 is norm for us older ones i wouldnt wory untill it his 220 plus thats hot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys....that eases my mind. I didn't want to run around with a hot engine, especially during the break-in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same here I have 30 miles on my 2011 RZR S and the fan is always on and temp is always from 190 209 area I want it to run at 190 and no hotter.

Any way to chane the thermostat or something to cool them down?

·
Dan Wilder
8 Posts
11' LE runs right there at the same temps. Ive put down just over 100mi and 207 seems to be the sweet spot for the fan. I was curious to see how it handled long rides in this AZ heat but so far it has stayed between 190-210.:ride:

·
Dan Wilder
8 Posts
Then again it is November and were hitting the 100 degree area on a hot day right now. We will see how she handles the 120's next summer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2011 Orange Madness EPS runs up to near 210 degrees. My fan kicks on and off regularly. I have put on 350 miles in the West Va mountains.
I did have some plastic melting issues, but performance seems fine.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
cbr performance products is in the proccess of the 2010-2011' radiator kit and stage 2 kit with the oil cooler package!! we are expecting it to be out before january 1st! the price will be $599.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts