Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the clutch intake tube almost blocked off by the battery cables. Anyone with a 2011 RZR may want to inspect this. Had this RZR been run hard, it is likely the clutches would have gotten very hot and possibly destroyed a belt.

H

·
0 Posts
Looks like whover installed the cables pulled them too tight when routing them..my 2010 RZR 4 has the exact same routing...except the cables are not pulled tight against the boot..might be a good idea for everyone,regardless of year, to take a look at that area..

H

·
0 Posts
It appears Polaris changed the CVT intake location. I'm sure mine goes into a different spot between the engine and the transmission (into a cast opening).
Yep..just looked at the parts break down...the only 2010 with this setup is the RZR 4. All of the 2011 RZRs have it coming through the inner clutch cover.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
you might want to get the cables up off of the trans case too. Notice the rub marks on my trans from the cables:

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This new set up has the same intake connection as all the older models as well as the second connection shown in this picture.
Also, this upper connection point clamp was not very tight. The way the cables had crushed in the tube, it blocked air from flowing easily to either opening.

I have seen that cable rub on a few RZRs, so it is definitely a good thing to check.

Clifford, I won't need to worry about the cables as the ones to the Apex motor travel a different way. :yahoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts