Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure it couldn't hurt adding these if you were jumping a lot. Along with the the frame braces. I was wondering if the frame has had structual improvements made. I guess I could look up the frame part numbers of the previous years to see if the frame part numbers match. I'm mostly riding tight trails, desert, and crawling around over some rocks, so I'm not sure if this is something I need to worry about. Sounds like this modification was highly recommended on the earlier generation models. I figured someone out there may know if this is needed.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I'd put in the chassis bones anyway. I'll bet Polaris hasn't updated the frame yet. I'm hoping that the new Can Am SXS drives a lot of good changes from Polaris.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 2011 frame is alot more beffed up
Do you know what they did? More supports or heavier gauge tubing?

So far I have not added a lot of weight, a roof, some doors, skid plate and some harnesses to replace the seatbelts. I guess if I add them it will give me a good peice of mind though.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
the 2011 frame is alot more beffed up
Do you know what they did? More supports or heavier gauge tubing?

So far I have not added a lot of weight, a roof, some doors, skid plate and some harnesses to replace the seatbelts. I guess if I add them it will give me a good peice of mind though.
We have Chassis Bones for the 2011 RZR and RZR 4. The tube size did not change.

We do not use an off the shelf tube size, unlike some these are designed to close tolerances and will not rattle inside your frame tubes. Our unique laser cut staggered end will not allow the Chassis Bones to spin loose once the stainless machine bolts are torqued down. Chassis Bones also feature rubber O-ring to help keep chassis tubes from getting caked with mud. Come in zinc chromate finish.

ATR Polaris RZR Chassis Bones

·
Vendor
738 Posts
We recommend chassis braces and frame tubes to the owners of most RZR's, including the 2011's. Many people think of frame damage only from jumping, but it is actually very common to cause frame damage during everyday trail riding. This occurs from impact damage, such as when you unexpectedly hit a rut, bump, drainage wing ditch (cut across the trail) or partially exposed rock on the trail. We've all been there, where you're driving along at a decent speed and you come around a corner or over a ridge to find an obstacle in the trail that you'd rather not hit. Occasionally, you can't stop and you just have to "pucker-up" and make the best of it. These unexpected hits create a sharp impact and can damage the frame.

The Thunderhawk Expand-Lock frame tubes (or Chassis Bones, as some people call them) will fit the 2011 RZR's. These are manufactured from precision-fit tubing for a rattle-free fit, zinc plated and feature our Expand-Lock mounting system that allows for an easy, bolt-in installation. We do not seal our frame tubes so that water entering the frame from the opposite end can drain out, thereby eliminating the liklihood of rust and freeze damage. Of course, this isn't a big issue in the dunes, but for the rest of the country this is an important feature.

Thunderhawk Performance sells various chassis braces and our Expand-Lock frame tubes for the RZR, which are available separately or in packages. We have two new bolt-on front chassis braces for the RZR, in addition to the rear braces that we have offered for years. We will be creating new packages that include all of these braces plus our Expand-Lock frame tubes at a discount, but this website update will not be ready until next week. In the mean time, anyone that's interested can call to order and we'll get you the discounted price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks gentlemen for all the comments and info. I always tend to lean on the side of better safe then sorry, especially when it comes to structural parts. So I'm sure someone will hear from me soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Although mine is a 2009 I installed the bones. Way I think of it was for what they cost well worth the peace of mind and not having to worry about the frame in them areas. Im happy with mine and would do it again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts