Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this gem. Needs a bit of work but how much can you ask for for 300 bucks. Sat in the weeds for a year after someone side swiped the PO and took out the left rear a arms and spindle. Got it to fire up and winched it on the trailer to drag home. Going to do a budget build. Going to need to find shocks, wheels and tires, rear a arms and spindle some other little things I’m sure I’ll find along the way. Not sure what I going to do about the cage probably just have to scrap and find a used one. It looks like someone attempted a failed cage chop. It will be a slow build but I’ll update as I go!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hard to go wrong for 300 bucks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Did it come with clear Title?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just picked up this gem. Needs a bit of work but how much can you ask for for 300 bucks. Sat in the weeds for a year after someone side swiped the PO and took out the left rear a arms and spindle. Got it to fire up and winched it on the trailer to drag home. Going to do a budget build. Going to need to find shocks, wheels and tires, rear a arms and spindle some other little things I’m sure I’ll find along the way. Not sure what I going to do about the cage probably just have to scrap and find a used one. It looks like someone attempted a failed cage chop. It will be a slow build but I’ll update as I go!

I have a full set of stock wheels and tires off of a 2013 razr xp900 jagged x edition. They are used. Just want out of my garage. $300 in Los Angeles if you come pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a full set of stock wheels and tires off of a 2013 razr xp900 jagged x edition. They are used. Just want out of my garage. $300 in Los Angeles if you come pick them up.

I appreciate the offer but I'm up in Eureka so it's I think around 10 or 11 hours down to you so it might be a little far for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I appreciate the offer but I'm up in Eureka so it's I think around 10 or 11 hours down to you so it might be a little far for me.

Ok. I thought Eureka was closer for some reason. My bad. New to CA. Shipping would be ridiculous I think.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
No just a bill of sale figure I will jump through the hoops to try and register it. It hasn't been registered since 14.
If the name on the last registration is not the person you bought it from, I would check the VIN with local law enforcement, before spending more money.

The "budget build" may become a "beater build".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I thought Eureka was closer for some reason. My bad. New to CA. Shipping would be ridiculous I think.

No worries. Ya I'm sure shipping would kill it. I can get cheap tip steel wheels and cheap tires on line for around 500 but I'm going to look around for a bit to try and find some used. If. And with one rim and tire lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No just a bill of sale figure I will jump through the hoops to try and register it. It hasn't been registered since 14.
If the name on the last registration is not the person you bought it from, I would check the VIN with local law enforcement, before spending more money.

The "budget build" may become a "beater build".
I already had my chp buddy run the vin to double check it came all clear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have managed to find pretty much everything aside from shocks. Just waiting on parts to arrive to start making it mobile again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the rear arms and spindle on and took a few more crappy pics of what I’m working with. Have a set of tires I’m getting next Tuesday and shocks I need to go pickup. Found some 900xp shocks for 300 so I’ll move the mounts and get those on next. I’m just ready to have it rolling. It’s just slow going as I have been leveling a spot on a hill to get ready to put a play set up for my kids bday in a couple weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Got the shocks mounted and drove it off the trailer and turned around. I cranked up the rear shocks a bit after the pics. Going to take it out tomorrow for the maiden voyage. Going to go put around for a few and make sure the drivetrain seems ok before ordering a used cage and getting new control arm bushings. It’s. Finally coming together ! I also found a set of prp seats from a rhino with a kid booster for 100 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Very nice! I would love to find a deal like that on those seats! Do you have any axle binding with those shocks at full droop?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice! I would love to find a deal like that on those seats! Do you have any axle binding with those shocks at full droop?
I moved the front mounts out far enough that they don't have any binding and in the rear I re drilled the upper shock mounts 1.75 in up so they are the same travel as the stock rears. I was hoping to find stock 4 seat 800 shocks but found the 900xp shocks for 300 so I couldn't say no.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Nice! Yea, it's always been weird to me that the 800 S and 800 4 seat shocks are harder to come by than the XP900 shocks. And from what I've saw, the xp shocks are usually priced cheaper too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a bit more progress. After the first test I found the clutch needed a good cleaning and the fuel pump was bad. It would free rev ok, but would just not get out of its own way. I got home and only had 20psi. I got the front control arms painted and a used cage put on. It’s ready to ride for the most part. I still need to fab up the mounts fit the prp seats to the seat bases, find two more seat bases, and I might try and find some rear bed sides and flairs to put on like it has a bed delete. It’s not perfect but the price was definitely right.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts