Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say I stop, go to put it in reverse, "oops that's neutral," then try to put in reverse, it grinds the tranny. I have to turn it off then put it in reverse, then start it back up????

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
how many rpms is your idol ?mine does that if the rpms is more than 1300.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the direction....I just checked and it floats between 1250 and 1300...

I'll look in my factory service manual to see if I can get it to idle down some...as hard as it grinds, it has to be putting some serious wear on the tips of the teeth....

**edit: hmmm, the factory service manual says it should idle around 1250

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
belt is grabbing, keeping the secondary bouncing, remove cover, blow it out with air. not always high idle, if yours has a one-way bearing, it may need cleaned or repair.
do you have an oem belt?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll check that out...may be a few weeks before I can get around to it....I've smelled the belt a couple of times.....I don't know if it's factory or not, I picked this machine up used....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does it have the "Polaris Creep"? Where it wants to pull as soon as you put it in any gear? If so, just buy a clutch repair kit from EPI. Comes with new sheave bushings, weight pivot bushing, buttons, and such.

Plus you may need to replace the bearing like pawngod said. Unfortunately I think thats a Pure Polaris part only. Both his and my suggestions are in the primary clutch only. Generally the secondary isnt a place for issues.

Also, if it is grabbing like we suspect, inspect your belt for wear and replace if questionable. A $40-100 belt could save thousands if it goes while climbing a hill.

Edit - I found the kit i was referring to:
http://www.epiperformance.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EPI&Product_Code=WE210185

The website shows $200, but something says thats crazy. I know thats EPI's website, but we've sold a lot of these at my shop and installed them. Thought they were cheaper than that. Check your local shop thats a Parts Unlimited/Tucker Rocky dealer.

P.S. - EPI is a site sponsor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts