Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished breaking in my 2010 per the manual recommendations. So this weekend I was able to open her up a bit. On a sand highway with medium rolling whoops (nothing major) the best I got was 53 MPH indicated over about a mile run, with 450 pounds of driver/passenger on board. Everything is stock. does this seem right? i have no pavement that I can run it on without risking a ticket.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just got mine out to the dunes today. With my son and I, about 240lbs with the tires delated to 5 psi, I hit 54mph on a very long and flat straight. So, I would say you are right on par.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
they are way quicker on pavement!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I hit 52mphs on a flat road,i saw a vidoe in youtube where there rzr hit the 60-61 mphs,but if your looking for speed a clutch kit will be good.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
You didnt say if you had a reg rzr or an S. My S would hit 63mph on flat with a passenger according to speedo and 65 going downhill before rev limit. With the snorkles it seems to maybe have lost a little.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You didnt say if you had a reg rzr or an S. My S would hit 63mph on flat with a passenger according to speedo and 65 going downhill before rev limit. With the snorkles it seems to maybe have lost a little.
it is an S. Thanks for the replies! Im not griping, just that a couple of guys with tricked out t-rexes were trying to give it to my little S. They didnt on the sand highway and in the rough stuff they were a distant memory:rofl3:

·
Registered
572 Posts
For the sand that sounds about right. With a lighter load I think I got 58 in the sand, In dirt I have seen 64.6 on GPS but the sand slows it down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was digging around this forum and came across a thread about throttle free play adjustment and how if it isnt set righ you wont get WOT. Supposed to be 1/16" to 1/8" free travel in the pedal. I thought, what the heck, I'll go check that out. Mine has about 3/4" of free travel so I would guess it isnt getting to full throttle. I'll adjust it this week and am going back out Friday to see how the light setup is working. Ive also never seen more than about 5200rpm, so maybe Im on to something.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was digging around this forum and came across a thread about throttle free play adjustment and how if it isnt set righ you wont get WOT. Supposed to be 1/16" to 1/8" free travel in the pedal. I thought, what the heck, I'll go check that out. Mine has about 3/4" of free travel so I would guess it isnt getting to full throttle. I'll adjust it this week and am going back out Friday to see how the light setup is working. Ive also never seen more than about 5200rpm, so maybe Im on to something.
Stock machine in sand 53 is probably all you're going to see. I would be very happy with that considering these machines top out at 65 on pavement..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had the RZR out again last weekend. I had done the throttle freeplay adjustment per the manual. Same sand highway, same driver and passenger. Did 63 mph indicated both ways down the sand hiway. What an easy performance increase :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I talked to a man that has a commander yesterday that said it will only run 62 mph on the highway. His brother has a 2010 rzrs that will run 64 mph but the commander will do it a lot quicker. We were playing in the mud and I was not really impressed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts