Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think that almost everything that can go wrong with my rzr has gone wrong. I've already put a new front diff in it. new front and rear bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and wheel bearings. on the last ride the tranny started popping out of low gear in awd (pre may 2010 build) and then the thing that ended my ride was a loud noise and then a stalled motor. Got pulled home by a can am outlander 800 ( at least I was pulling him out of all the mudholes that I went through earlier) Took it into Polaris and They pulled the motor and tranny out. Turns out the big end bearing went and destroyed the rest of the motor so they are putting a brand new motor in as I type this. They are also putting in the updated polaris parts for the transmission to stop it from popping out of gear. The Polaris tech said He was very surprised that my engine went like that because it was really clean. So I will have about 7500 bucks worth of warranty work done on this machine with 800 km on it. I sure hope it's all good now for a while. This machine is so awesome when it works. ahah. Just had to have a little vent. I'm excited about getting it back cause I just ordered a clutch kit from dirty dawg to turn my 27.5 growlers, and my 2" racertech lift should be in soon.

·
Ridin' above 10,000 ft!
4,850 Posts
Glad your hanging in there. Lets hope your issues are fixed and you can put some worry-free miles on it!

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
See? There is an advantage to spending the extra on an extended warranty! Glad you've got a good dealer.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are definitely a good dealer
I havent bought extended warranty yet, Ive only had the machine since april so I'm still on factory warranty. I definitely will be buying extended warranty though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about your luck with the machine. I'm actually from Grande Prairie and another funny thing is that I saw your log in name and thats what I do for a living too, lol, work at Waydex Services. Did you buy it from Countryside? Ive heard they deal with warranty issues with no problems. I picked up a white s from Hyper Toys in Dawson as there were none left locally. No problems with mine yet though. What kinda riding do you do? lots of skeg and water crossings? Do you think the terrain up here might have been a factor with some of the failed components? Just asking cuz I'm going to be ordering a mcx turbo kit before long and wanna know if that might be a mistake with the type of terrain up here. Good luck when you get her back!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I work for Reed Energy Group, I'm actually up in Dawson right now building the phase 2 Birchcliff Gas Plant. I think the terrain and How I ride it has to do with how the bushings and suspension components wore out. The transmission problem is well documented for early 2010's. I don't think the front diff should have went. I didnt do any of the no-no's on the awd. And the motor shouldnt have went. I have snorkels so i've never drowned the motor or got water in it at all and Ive changed the oil twice already. I guess it depends on how you ride whether you should get a turbo kit. In my opinion with the terrain around here you would be better off with a holz stage 3 kit. All motor power. But who knows. Maybe it would work awesome.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have 2010 rzr 4 a with 352 mile's 2 months out of warrenty blew the motor no warning changed the oil 3 times. Now the dealers telling me $3,419.00 for a short block. I have owned six other polaris's and I would not own anything else just hoping Polaris steps up and take's care of this,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts