Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a 2009 RZR about 5 months ago and it progressively has become more difficult to shift between gears. I wait for the engine to be idle, but I find often that I must hit the brake several times or rock it front and back before I can shift it. I live in Indiana so it's not that I'm on any steep inclines (since it's flat)
Perhaps this is normal, but I wouldn't expect this from a machine that costs over $10,000.

Other than that, the unit has been awesome. Any clues on why it is so hard to shift would be great (and how I might resolve it).

Dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Dave...
You are not alone. even a slight incline will make it hard to shift out of park. Becomes a giant pain in the ass and will eventualy do damage. What most have done is install an ebrake or park brake on thier RZR. I used the one that goes in line with your brake line but it is a pile of crap. If you search on here you will see plenty of ways that guys have made park brakes.

UNV

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello,

I bought a 2009 RZR about 5 months ago and it progressively has become more difficult to shift between gears. I wait for the engine to be idle, but I find often that I must hit the brake several times or rock it front and back before I can shift it. I live in Indiana so it's not that I'm on any steep inclines (since it's flat)
Perhaps this is normal, but I wouldn't expect this from a machine that costs over $10,000.

Other than that, the unit has been awesome. Any clues on why it is so hard to shift would be great (and how I might resolve it).

Dave
sounds like the tranny is not messing together..my buddies did the same thing and what was wrong with his was,the clip inside was not in the correct spot and was letting the gears move to not let it sinc...i would get it checked out by the dealer before is locks completly out of gear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.