Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I ordered the UMP air filter system today, HID light conversion kit, throttle spring. What else did the 2008 models have wrong with them, other than the air filter setup? Anything else I should know about that needs upgraded? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You'll need HIDs for night riding, if that's important to you.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Those sound like a good primary step. Others may depend on how you intend to use it. You might get some other good info if you indicate what you want to do with it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go to the dunes a few times per year, I would like to do some trail riding, and mostly pasture riding. I just want to fix any of the problem area's on it so it will last longer. Should a guy go ahead and change the sprague in the front differential also?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I go to the dunes a few times per year, I would like to do some trail riding, and mostly pasture riding. I just want to fix any of the problem area's on it so it will last longer. Should a guy go ahead and change the sprague in the front differential also?
I wouldn't. If you don't engage AWD with the rears spinning, it should be alright. If it grenades, you can always change it out then.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I got the utv inc frame tubes............ When I installed them, I had one tube go in a little tight. I don't know if it was bent or just a little off. Seemed like some good insurance for relatively cheap. Safety wise, do you have a harness installed? I wouldn't rely on the factory 3 point much.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
The stock protection on the bottom and A arms is not good. and as may know the suspension gives you a marginal ride. You didn't indicate what tires were on it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 4 point harnesses that I am going to install, and the tires are kenda bounty hunters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts