Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2008 rzr and it has slop and is hard to turn compared to a 2011 rzr 4 last week.It did not have power steering either. Is there a differance in steering boxes from 08 to 11. I mean his felt like he had power steering compared to mine. Is there a reason for hard to steer for the 08's or is normal.
Thanks

J.G

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Jim, jack up the front end where both tires are off the ground and try the steering then. It should turn easily. If not then you can disconnect components like the tie-rods and isolate the cause.
One of the big factors of steering friction while stationary is the tire pressure and contact patch. If the rides are different the steering will be different,
John

·
Registered
137 Posts
do 08's have more slop in the steering the other years??
No it shouldn't. I noticed with my 2008 adding 1 1/2" wheel spacers did make it much harder to turn on hard surfaces especially.
I have the 08 and had 2'' spacers on it, i took them off because it was harder to steer and put more wear and tear on the wheel bearings/steering, etc.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
As the 08's age they do wear. Polaris had weak bushings back then (they were learning about the endurance of their rather new invention as we were) miles will wear the ball joints steering rack and tie-rod bushings, etc.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts