Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this used RZR has 1700 miles on it.Starts and Runs I have put 200 miles on it. This Hickup happens at any speed> The RPM drop 200 to 300.It feels like it is a micro cut out. It does not die though. Sometimes it will happen 3 times in 5 miles sometimes it wont do it for 20 miles. Is this a chip glitch?? This is my first Polaris.. Any insight on is this. Is this gonna be a problem that strands me out in the woods? is there a fix.. An help would be greatly apperciated... Airborne!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Check the throttle cable play. If you pedal moves before your RPM's moves, your not getting full throttle. It's not the full problem I'm sure, but it will help. You take out the slack by the throttle body. Its 2 nuts that you adjust on the cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the connections and ground could not find anything.Ran it at idle and checked connections could not make it hickup...The throttle response is all good..When This first happened I thought that I did it by letting off the throttle.But that was not the case.Its a micro cutout the best I can describe it.. No codes come up. Im stumped..Like an electrical gremalin. I was hoping that I was not the first this has happened too..

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I would start with the simple stuff. Check your electrical connections including grounds.
agree with simple first, try some injector cleaner in the fuel, it worked on mine when it was doing that. now I put some in once a year. good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went out for a ride today.And opened it up till I hit the high governor and it starts cutting out.That feeling is exactly like this hickup, I am feeling except it does it just once. And really quick and at any speed.I wondering if the governor is sending a signal radomley whenever it feels like. I also get a code 25 when i ran the diagnastic. Which is... transmission input.. invalid gear.., Which means that the shift lever was moved to quickly or Blah blah.. it's no big deal from what I gathered reading it in the forum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
check your fuel pressure. mine was doing the same and the pressure was about 2 pounds lower than it should have been. put a new pump on it and it solved the problem.

·
Bad Company
160 Posts
Most likely your fuel pump....common failure item.

"Airtex E8335" at Autozone or Orielly or Advance. It also fits and early 90's Jeep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips....I went to autozone. Which is a 70 mile round trip from were I live in North Idaho..And bought the airteck E8335 for 67 Bucks. Took all but 20 min to swap it out..Looked in my gas tank saw sand? I have only had the RZR for 8 days.So I got the gas out cleaned it up..Oh and saw sand in around old pump,that what made me look in the tank in the first place.. Put it back together. Filled it up went for a ride checked for leaks.It was all good. The RZR felt like it had more pep and the idle was better also.I am pretty sure This was the problem . I will be going for a ride Tomorrow. And will update you guys on the ending verdict.The way it felt im 98.99999% sure it was the fuel pump.If not I have a new pump...And by the way I called my Local Napa store they crossed ref. The pump to a bosch and wanted like $400..What the &&^&. and for the hell of it I called polaris dealer.They said you cant replace just the fuel pump.You have to buy the whole tank. $568... well thanks to you guys I did it!!! and got a new fuel pump....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts