Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently shipped my two RZR Turbo S's with UShip out to California and the shipper took them both and fell off the face of the earth! I already filed a police report and it's now been about 2 weeks. Happened in the Wisconsin/Chicago area, so if you see any of these two RZR's pop up on Craigslist/Facebook marketplace or even see them on the trails, please reach out! They are insured, but i would love to just have my machines back.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
777 Posts
DAM! Do you have guy's pic, license plate, copy of his drivers license and insurance info? He would have to provide a lot of info before he left my driveway or wherever. Track him down myself and let the suffering begin. These days I have ZERO tolerance for BS like that.

Hope you get them back. Would be glad to provide assistance if I run across the guy myself. Keep him breathing till you get there....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly I was at work during the only time this guy could pick them up, and I hesitated doing so, but i caved and let my brother meet them and help load them up. Couldn't agree more on how they were strapped though, 1/10. And I've used UShip over 10 times, so I've gotten way too comfortable with their drivers, clearly a mistake i won't make again. Tried contacting UShip, since they "vet" the drivers before allowing them on UShip, but the guy who signed up with them gave them all fake info, and they clearly don't double check any of the info... So for those who are going to use UShip in the future, PLEASE NOTE THIS and be sure to double check everything upon departure. And don't make my mistake and not be there for loading up

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Id file a police report and a insurance claim and order new buggies. Who knows what condition they would be in when and if you get them back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
did the person have reviews on the site?

Sadly I was at work during the only time this guy could pick them up, and I hesitated doing so, but i caved and let my brother meet them and help load them up. Couldn't agree more on how they were strapped though, 1/10. And I've used UShip over 10 times, so I've gotten way too comfortable with their drivers, clearly a mistake i won't make again. Tried contacting UShip, since they "vet" the drivers before allowing them on UShip, but the guy who signed up with them gave them all fake info, and they clearly don't double check any of the info... So for those who are going to use UShip in the future, PLEASE NOTE THIS and be sure to double check everything upon departure. And don't make my mistake and not be there for loading up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Id file a police report and a insurance claim and order new buggies. Who knows what condition they would be in when and if you get them back.
Yeah you're not wrong... And I've done both of those, but I have to wait 60 days before insurance will pay out. It gives the police time to try and find them. I'm going to Polaris tomorrow with the police report to mark them stolen in the dealer network so if they ever pop up at a dealer, the police will get notified.

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
641 Posts
You can see his license plate in the pic, the police should be able to find who owns the truck, unless it's stolen also.
Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
That really sucks. Hopefully UShip will step up, and help with the investigation or compensation? Most likely the CanAm in the bed is also stolen. While I don't know what area you're in, based on how those are strapped in, I don't think they were going very far. Although the truck is cold-plated, the truck itself isn't hard to spot. Missing the T on the tailgate, it has a brush-guard or winch bumper on the front. Have everyone you know keep an eye open for the truck. The trailer too has some unique features too: deck winch, reflective tape on the side(s), drive over fender wells, all steel deck, those things stand out. Some criminals aren't as crafty as many think.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have never used U ship so I have some questions. Is U ship just a third party shipper company? I figured person X from Chicago buys an ATV from Florida and then uses U Ship to pick up and and haul/deliver the ATV. So the questions I have, did the person from U Ship not deliver the ATV's and you think he stole them. Or did they get delivered and the person did not pay somehow? Either way I would not have shipped anything without getting paid first. So I don't understand if you were paid and the buyer didn't get the product so is holding you responsible or did you allow someone to take them before you got paid?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
U-ship is just a broker basically. It allows "shippers" to bid on loads, low bid typically gets the load but a customer can go with a higher rate if they choose. I'm sure U-ship gets a cut similar to how ebay gets a cut. But all I know about U-ship is what I've seen on Shipping Wars

1 - 20 of 31 Posts