Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making the jump from my '14 2 seat XP 1000 to a new 4 seat Turbo S and wondering about speakers. In my old 2 seat, I had a WS Stealth 10 mounted to the upper A pillar and it worked fine for me. The music really played "in your face" to say the least since it was real close. With the new 4 seater, I am thinking of going the speaker pod route to make use of the Ride Command.
I am wondering if a 2 pod system such as a SSV Works or Rockford Fosgate mounted at the rear, facing forward would be enough, or I should go with the 4 speaker system? I'm not the kind of guy to have my stereo blasting at insane decibel levels, but still want to be able to hear music while romping the trails but not make the rear passengers deaf. The available kits all look like they come with a sub, whether its a 2 or 4 speaker kit. I'm ok with that, although, I don't think I necessarily need sub.

Soooo...for those of you with a 4 seater and 2 speaker pods, do you think it is enough, or should I just go with a kit that has front and rear speakers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the stage 4 fosgate kit. The fit and finish and ease of installation can't be beat. The stage 4 sounds great but can use a bit more punch. If money ain't an issue get the stage 5.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
AZNorseman
44 Posts
I started with 2 mounted to the cage in the rear. Sounded good but when I have backseat passengers was kind of blasting them. I just installed front pods, and it made a big difference. Don’t have to crank up the volume to hear it in the front now. I’m running 6.5” kickers in the front and rear. May add a sub at some point for a little thump, but for now the sound is good and I don’t have to crank it. I have it all connected through the ride command in my 19’ Turbo S.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,115 Posts
Gotta go with 2 front 2 rear if you want to hear it while driving without deafening your back passengers. I did the 2 speaker thing for a while, have to crank it up to hear it while moving, with the 2 front kick panel enclosures, it’s nice and crisp and you can hear it at low to medium volume while you’re on it.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the stealth 10 soundbar in mine hanging from the back and I hated the quality of sound it produced so I added 2 SSV pods by the front floor boards with JL audio 6.5” speakers and the SSV glove box speaker box with a 10” JL audio and it sounds incredible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Making the jump from my '14 2 seat XP 1000 to a new 4 seat Turbo S and wondering about speakers. In my old 2 seat, I had a WS Stealth 10 mounted to the upper A pillar and it worked fine for me. The music really played "in your face" to say the least since it was real close. With the new 4 seater, I am thinking of going the speaker pod route to make use of the Ride Command.
I am wondering if a 2 pod system such as a SSV Works or Rockford Fosgate mounted at the rear, facing forward would be enough, or I should go with the 4 speaker system? I'm not the kind of guy to have my stereo blasting at insane decibel levels, but still want to be able to hear music while romping the trails but not make the rear passengers deaf. The available kits all look like they come with a sub, whether its a 2 or 4 speaker kit. I'm ok with that, although, I don't think I necessarily need sub.

Soooo...for those of you with a 4 seater and 2 speaker pods, do you think it is enough, or should I just go with a kit that has front and rear speakers?
I too just made that jump and you won't be disappointed. Went with the ssv works front system that integrates with the ride command. It is plenty loud, but not sure about the people in the rear. The way it installs and interfaces with the ride command is nice and it also comes with the wiring to install the rear pods if you want more sound.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with a Rockford Fosgate Stage 4. Overall, I am pretty happy. You guys are correct in that I don't think having just 2 pods in the back would have been enough.

I did the install myself. It was fairly straightforward having done some stereo work in my rock crawler and boat before. However, the RF instructions for installation on a RZR suck donkey balls in that they are non-existent other than a video I found on YouTube, which didn't cover anything about Ride Command or installation on newer machines. I figured there would be some directions included in the box with the Stage 4 kit, but nope. Sure would be nice if they had updated instructions to go with the products they are selling for newer machines.

Now I'm having a little issue with the stereo in that when playing music, every once in a while it sounds like the music cuts out of a half second...almost like a real quick skip on a CD. I'm not sure if it has to do with the amplifier or something with the Bluetooth going from the phone to the Ride Command. Going to try and contact RF for some insight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts