Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have about 2 more inches of ground clearance on my Rzr and was wondering if those 2" lift kits would work on a S. I was told by a guy that he just ajusted his springs and got 2 more inches. I dont wanna make it to stiff but could deal with a little rougher ride. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I cant speak from experiece but this is the kit that continues to be recommended. There is a recent thread that goes through a complete install you might want to search for....

RZR 2" Lift Kit

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have the racer tech kit and it does a great job. IMO it improves the steering geometry as well. I would recommend you buy replacement springs as well as the stockers were sagging on me very quickly within 6 months. With a that combo I saw significant increase in ground clearance and there was no more dragging the belly pan like it was.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I have the racer tech kit and it does a great job. IMO it improves the steering geometry as well. I would recommend you buy replacement springs as well as the stockers were sagging on me very quickly within 6 months. With a that combo I saw significant increase in ground clearance and there was no more dragging the belly pan like it was.

You find me a better built lift, that also acts as a Gusset plate and gives me 15" of clearance without any preload....Ill buy it.. (pending it wont break my axles) because Racer Techs Lift is great! ( your result on height may be differant than my set-up)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
How was the install?
Any drilling?
Does any of are vender's sell them?
About what price did you guys pay.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
How was the install?
Any drilling?
Does any of are vender's sell them?
About what price did you guys pay.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
Racer Tech
YES drilling is required for the build..go to this thread here and see my build..
http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/35774-say-goodbye-my-old-rzr-construction-has-begun.html

It includes step by step instructions, you don't "have" to drill the front, but it takes five minutes to move the radiator to the side and do it properly.. There is no equal out there to the strength of this kit..I rarely see kits that come in and in the instructions tell you once drilled (adding basically) a Gusset plate in the rear and front end for reinforcement, you can use it for "Extreme" use.. Now that's saying something..This kit is a monster.. As for price, there are several diff. models, RZR , RZRs, RZR w/ removable sway bars ect.. Call Racer Tech an let them know that you saw the kit on the build that Mike was building on RZRforums.net and your interested, Ask for Tony... Trust me if there was ANY better kit I would own it..But you just can't improve on this...at least I couldn't, I've spend ours staring at it wondering "what made them do this..ohhh now I see, well what about if this happens..Ohhh they got that covered too... Hands down this company took this lift kit VERY seriously and I don't know of a single person who is disappointed!! To add to that the instructions are bar none, and the tech support...well let's just say when you call, They will drop whatever they are doing to help you out with your issues..They are never too busy to deal with even the little guy..and the same goes for Johnny at UTV, ProArmor, SuperATV. Steve at Makin Trax, The list goes on,(I'm sorry If I didn't list some of you other fine individuals), I was trying to make a point without dragging it out These are not companies that just make parts and call it a day, they are riders and enthusiasts..

Take care and good luck with your build.. If your worried about drilling , DON'T, its just 4 3/8" holes in the rear and the lift is self aligning (idiot proof) and the front just has one 3/8" hole to drill (remember that hole is to be drilled at a slight downward angle, but you will see).

Conclusion; with my car already broken down the install took about 30-40 minutes (using impact wrenches and ratchets for speed) You may need to go to the hardware store and pick up some washers for your shocks (where you insert them) if the fit isn't exact (it depends on what brand of shocks you use). I would never take my kit off..
I am not affiliated with Racer Tech in any way, I just stand behind a quality product that's backed by techs that know what they are doing in the RACE community. If you can't race the part, there must be an issue, and in the case of a lift..it's probably an issue that I don't want to find out about after pulling a jump at over 45mph going into a 90 degree turn..
Finally as for the price.. Mist Kits will run you from $100 to $150, The Racer Tech Runs high at $215 for the RZR"S" and $260 for the RZR with options for the sway bar disconnect feature... Good luck to you.. In this category, You TRULY get what you pay for!
The price I just gave was at just one venders site, I'm sure you could find them cheaper..Also I have the "Removable Front sway bars that add an extra $25 to the price and will sell it to anyone for $10 plus actual shipping (flat rate USPS priority mail) just PM me, its new never installed and has all the hardware and Instructions,, It's for the RZR not 'S' model only..Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hey , mike the info you gave helped out a lot,I checked it out at racer tec vender site and the prices are not bad for what you get .But I think I will put straps on just in case to many left rear axles stores.Please under stand I NOT SAYING that race tec is having any problem like others might be. I just think it might help.Oh ya when I get it can you swing by and give a hand ,I will by lunch its probably only a short 1000+ mile drive? jUST KIDDING about the swing by .Thanks for the help .Rich

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Looks like a real good set up. When you put this kit on do you lose any of the 60" width.
A 2" lift might actually cause you to lose 1/2" on both sides...Might? (it's really so minimal that with your tires on it almost not even noticeable)a 2" lift is more like 1 1/2" lift (with the other kits, Racer Techs was actually just 1/16" less than advertised (I'm VERY picky), But it make a huge difference!..It may not sound like much, but when your beating trails that ATVs and the usual UTVs have just "rutted" out...You cruise through without bottoming out or scraping..It also changes the looks dramatically & adds strength.

As for the other comment above (too lazy for double quotes right now)..Yeah, in fact it isn't expensive at all... I was surprised as it was my third kit... I half expected the same quality and quick "whipped out build" but nope.. I actually don't know how they can charge that price and not lose money.. The rear is simple and probably least expensive (even though it has more metal and bolts ect..) but that front bar (bracket) was made well!! I have spent 6 years in college (2 messing around getting certified in welding and learning Fabrication) and when I look at the front piece it's just a well thought out rather ingenious part... It's simple but very intricate (I know it sounds like a walking contradiction) but to have 2 90° angles just over 1" off the bottom plate creating a 270° solid piece with both ends of the inner lower bracket angled upwards with 2 slots on both sides that are literally just a hair over 1/16" wide to slide this bracket in place, All needing precise bending and then adding welds without causing the heat to warp the design, then add drilling out the holes, prep for powder coating....yeah, To someone like me that appreciates when someone obviously took a lot of pride in making something that can withstand an immense amount of abuse and still will never fail before the frame or shocks would is very impressive to me. But that's what they do...That's what any REAL Fabricator can do, They can take something that is so difficult and must be so strong, and create something that "looks, just like a simple lift bracket" with nothing to it and nobody knows the wiser..That's where the real thought comes in... I sit down for hours sometimes looking at the RAZR frame....some of the simplicity is just great.... But in the hands of people like "Racer Tech" or "UTVinc", I could be amazing...(it's pretty weak, now that Polaris know what people are really doing, they could beef it up!)Or if I built mine from scratch for that matter..But if would be a long project..Take me a few months...Sure would be cool though!!
Just something to think about...Mike#9

·
Registered
1 Posts
will a racer tech 2" lift work on a 2013 rzr 800s with two bros tripple pipe if not is there one that will work with this set up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts