Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when stomp the gas pedal enough to peg the speed limiter I smell a slight burning odor almost burning rubber-ish, I looked at the belt but that looks good, any ideas? I have noticed it on sand and gravel roads. Is that just the turbo heating up? Is that normal for a turbo machine?

Also I managed to get in to a deeper spot in a water crossing and the belt was slipping. The cover was on tight and the water was not deep enough to be coming in from the top of the intake tube. Any guesses on where the water could be coming in from?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I opened up the clutch cover I did see a discoloration below the primary not sure what the cause of that is.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is it new? My turbo, when new, smelled like it was melting plastic for several days. A buddies, bought at the same time, and basically a clone, didn't. But nothing was ever visible and after a few days it quit.

Not that this is much help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have installed it. Have not took it out since the install so I don't know if it does anything. I also had the scoring and could hear it rub. Cleaned up the scoring and hopefully will get it out in the next couple of weeks to figure out if this fixed the issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts