Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was down by the river in a heavily wooded area. 100 ft. above river. i rolled slowly down the steep embankment. when i felt it starting to tip i put my hands up to the rollbar to brace for the inpact. i made it to the 3rd roll and was ejected and the rzr ended up down at the bottom on all fours. right side tires flat. i collected myself and just laid down on the bank just collect my thoughts and realize how lucky i was. oh i got beat up pretty bad but i have been a lot worse. now i have to get back up the hill and to my house. i made it but have any of you driven a rzr with 2 right side tires flat. it wont steer. oh well i made it.
mark

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good thing you were wearing your seat belt and helmet...

Glad you're almost OK...

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Good thing you were wearing your seat belt and helmet...

Glad you're almost OK...
He stated he was ejected on the third roll!!! Must have not been seat belted in. Glad to hear your ok. Learn from it, is all you can do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was buckled in but i think the stock seatbelts can only hold you in when you are on 4 wheels. the only stupid thing i did was i didn't have my helmet buckle and it flew off as you can see my head. rt. shoulder, rt. calve, left leg bruzed. i'm sure when get up tomorrow i'll know the full extent. i have a big ride next saturday and my rzr will be back together by friday.
thanks guy and girls,
mark:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Man by the sounds of it you were really lucky! Glad to hear that! Do your self & your family a favor & buy some 5 point harness (Great seatbelts) & wear them. & never hold onto the roll cage when going over it a dam good way to brake your wrist & fingers.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Thanks for clearing up the helmet & seatbelt issue..

He said he WAS wearing a helmet (although un-strapped) & WAS wearing the stock seatbelts.

I think you should contact Polaris (just make a call & incident report) about the seatbelt failure. They should have held you in & if they can't, then they need to collect stats.

This is why the #1 upgrade 99% of experienced riders say "get 4 or 5 point Harnesses". I firmly believe in that. Some rides don't require a helmet (such a slow woods or scenic drives) & that's OK. With the right belts you would have stayed in the cage & if you are experienced could have kept your head from bumping the bars, still even inexperienced I think all you'd have got was a bump on the head....

I'm so glad we're hearing this FROM you & not ABOUT you passing away! I hope this experience gets you into a Harness. We lost a dear friend & community member to getting ejected & it was horrible.

I've never driven with multiple flats (on that type of tire), I run Kenda Executioners & you can literally cut a whole the size of a baseball on the sidewall & drive home as if nothing happened, VERY thick & almost like run flats!

Take care & get better,

Wazz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I too would like to buy some good belts? any suggestions? I have a buddy who races b-mods and could get some from him but not sure if they would mount up or if any modifications need to be made... Please help, I am a newbie! -Doug - Sioux Falls, SD

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was just told by my racing buddy that Simpson is prolly the best brand and to go with 4 pt. as 5 pt would require different seats... so that is a start, I am sure there are a lot of suggestions!! :)

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
I was just told by my racing buddy that Simpson is prolly the best brand and to go with 4 pt. as 5 pt would require different seats... so that is a start, I am sure there are a lot of suggestions!! :)
five pont harness will work
i have them
simpson,s

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
5-points will work with stock seats & will keep the belts from riding up around chest. highly recommend crow with shoulder padding too

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Just about any brand will work with any seat. individual Shoulder harnesses work better than the Y belts. Belts designed for racing will work but belts designed for sxs's (pro armor, crow, UTV inc, dragon fire etc ) with the sewn in padding and shoulder belts sewn to the lap belts are quicker and easier to use and more comfortable. You will be more apt to use them EVERY ride due to their comfort and ease of use. They can all be bought for about 100 or so for each rider. A VERY small price to pay to avoid serious injury or worse. Glad the OP got lucky......This time.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Something else to consider....wrist restraints.
I have them and have put them to the test.
Harnesses and wrist restraints are the two best add-ons I've done!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Something else to consider....wrist restraints.
I have them and have put them to the test.
Harnesses and wrist restraints are the two best add-ons I've done!
I Googled "wrist restraints" to see what you were talking about. I think you can imagine what it came up with!!!! You wouldn't want to wear them in public anyway!!!! LOL

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
there are plenty of videos on you tube of people reaching out and breaking an arm rather than holding the wheel.
Sure its a natural reaction.
Watched enough of them that I was prepared in case it ever happened to me.
Ultimately I did roll and held the wheel till the RZR stopped.
Then cried like a baby.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I'm glad you're ok. I just wanted to share this pic. this is what happened to my son a few weeks ago when he crashed his bike. Helmet was on but got ripped off his face after not buckling it on his head. Painful lesson learned.
And yes his nose is in two pieces.

Attachments

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
I just swapped to pro armor. They are good for big guys. My wife doesn't care for them. She says it feels like she is about to ride on a roller coaster. I just tell her that its possible we might be going for a roller rzr ride.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Ya...a guy could go blind googling wrist restraints!

When you throw in "motorsports" in the search title, it's a lot less fun but more productive.

I have Crow wrist restraints from a site vendor. Very inexpensive.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts