Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members, I am going to purchase a 19 xp1k June 24th down in Kentucky (I’m from MI). Just sold my dirt bike to get into a SXS. Any suggestions on first mods would be greatly appreciated! I am from MI so will be riding in multiple weather conditions. First mods I am looking at is EMP rally aluminum hard top, and EMP quick detach rubber band mounted full shield. Anybody run them? Thoughts? Suggestions on others? AND ALSO light bar recommendations! (Without breaking bank) any additional mod suggestions appreciated as well, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Roof and windshield are great choices and I would add a rear windshield as well which works in combination with the front one to lessen dust. My advice, save your money and don't buy huge tires they are just a money pit that you'll need clutching for and what not. My RZR will go where a bigger tire one would. Also get a spare belt and cargo box is very handy. I love the Kimpex box and fits like a glove.

·
2017 XP 1000
49 Posts
MICTUNING is a cheap amazon brand for lights that seem to work pretty well ...

I like these cheap Bluetooth stereos ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014JCWC1Y/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_V1mbDb4CDM9JC

And we use cheap rock lights as interior lights

Most importantly though get your self a tire plug kit, mini compressor, first aid kit, and tools to change tire and belt (spare belt)

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The VERY FIRST thing to do is put the Hunterworks rollers in your secondary clutch. Everything else is personal preference/need based on riding style and terrain. As was mentioned, put together a good trail repair/survival kit including first aid. Although I've not used it to pull myself out, the first thing I added was a winch. These things are too heavy to push/pull out of a bad spot even with 3 or 4 guys.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Winch, lower doors, rear window, harnesses, spare tire, spare belt, tools, the list goes on and on, and adds up quick! $$

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello members, I am going to purchase a 19 xp1k June 24th down in Kentucky (I’m from MI). Just sold my dirt bike to get into a SXS. Any suggestions on first mods would be greatly appreciated! I am from MI so will be riding in multiple weather conditions. First mods I am looking at is EMP rally aluminum hard top, and EMP quick detach rubber band mounted full shield. Anybody run them? Thoughts? Suggestions on others? AND ALSO light bar recommendations! (Without breaking bank) any additional mod suggestions appreciated as well, THANK YOU!

Following! I, too am from MI, and jsut sold my Harley to buy my first SxS. '19 XP4 Turbo. Congrats man, you won't regret it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I am going with roof, shield, belt was already on the list from research. Also a winch! Still waiting on light bar brand recommendations!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and don't by a Poly windshield get a glass one. The difference in them are huge. You can ride all day and never clean dust off your windshield or you can clean it every time you stop. The glass windshields are more money but its well spent. Look at UTVzilla for a windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do not neglect the first service on trans and front diff. My trans had 1/4 of the required lube, also make sure the air filter is tight and grease front and rear wheel bearings. Don't assume the dealer did any prep. My .02

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do not neglect the first service on trans and front diff. My trans had 1/4 of the required lube, also make sure the air filter is tight and grease front and rear wheel bearings. Don't assume the dealer did any prep. My .02
When are u supposed to do the first diff fluid change or service I'm at 800km on my 19

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
When are u supposed to do the first diff fluid change or service I'm at 800km on my 19
It’s all in the manual. Amazing how many people don’t read it. I don’t mean that as a personal attack, but these questions are asked ALL the time by people who have clearly never even thumbed through the book.

All that said, they say to change the diff/trans fluid every 1000 miles. I did mine with the initial break-in and every time I change the oil, which is about every 250-300 miles. Also grease the wheel bearings and lube the chassis at the same time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For recommendations for lights, I would get some rigid dually’s. You can get them for a very reasonable price off amazon. I’ve had many different lights and after having those it’s a no brainer. A pair of side shooters would be pretty good but I don’t know what beam pattern you’re going for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts