Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cool. I asked cause I used to run into problems with Krawlers burping air on the inner bead with my Champion's. I would have definitely gone with the inner ring if it were an option on them.
That is the result of modifying a regular wheel into a beadlock, which is what Champion does.
Exactly what I learned. I sent in an old wheel to have it beadlocked for around $260 each. Would never do it again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't want to start a big argument here, so let's all take a step back for a moment.

Marley, I TRULY appreciate you sticking up for us, I fealt like we were in the twilight zone for a bit there.

Yes, $650 is a lot to spend on a wheel. Yes, it is more expensive than the cast aluminum Trail Ready, WER (imported), or Poison Spyder (imported) wheels for the rock crawlers. There is no surprise there, I can literally purchase a complete 17" lock ring from China for less money than I can purchase the bare material here, not counting any of our time.

Compared to some of the high end rock crawler or race wheels it actually isn't so bad, check with Raceline on their Desert Monster Forged wheel, that isn't for the faint of heart or pocket book.

$650 gets you a wheel that is light, strong, and built here in the states to your exact specs. You don't have to purchase that though, we have less expensive models.
No worries Bones. I deal with people all day who don't appreciate quality and felt you guys deserved it. I'm so sick of seeing everything go to China because of this.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'd rather pay for a product like OMF makes than to be sitting somewhere with a shredded tire or broken wheel. Safety and quality sometimes aren't the cheapest route, but might just be the smartest.

·
Registered
970 Posts
What a bunch of classless #$#[email protected]!#! :rofl3: Try and find a cheaper 15" beadlock, let alone a comparable product, before you go slamming these guys. :rm_thumbdown:

Bones, I've known about you guys for years due to Jeep's and respect your business and products. You truly build the best product in your market and run a stand up operation!

To be fair to OMF, I asked for pricing on 15" wheels and they responded. There are cheaper 12" and 14" beadlock offerings out there. I ended up going with 14"s due to cost, but couldn't run the 30" BFG KM2's I originally planned on.

Also as a fair disclaimer, I've purchased 15" beadlocks before and knew what to expect. I doubt anyone slamming OMF has...
No slamming intended at all, I just think they are a bit expensive is all. Im sure they are nice and I do like good quality products made in the USA. So you can take me off your so called classless #$#[email protected]!#! list

21 - 24 of 24 Posts