Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please help! I’ve been searching for 2 days for replacement tires for my 14’ xp1k. The problem is that I don’t want to spend money on aftermarket wheels but I hate the stock Bighorns. They’re not terrible tires, just too aggressive for all the hard pack and on road riding I do.

It seems that my tire choices are extremely limited if I want to keep the stock rims and 9”wide/11”wide configuration, especially if I want to jump up to a 30” tall tire.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

·
Vendor
2,323 Posts
As RWB713 mentioned you can run 30x10R-14 on all four corners on your stock wheels although going with a 14x7 inch wheel lets you rotate them front to back for better wear.

The Tensor Regulator is an solid tire for street riding and hardpack.

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to a 10” wide tire all the way around, you can mount them on your stock wheels
Thanks for the reply but won’t that give me a different circumference front to back mounting the same width tire on different width wheels? Or would the difference be negligible?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,644 Posts
Thanks for the reply but won’t that give me a different circumference front to back mounting the same width tire on different width wheels? Or would the difference be negligible?
Very negligible, nothing that would cause ill effects. It’s done somewhat commonly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your stock setup has different width of wheels front to back...
Sorry, isn’t that what I said in quoted text?
I thought maybe having the bead of the same size tire at two different widths would change the circumference of the mounted, inflated tire, throwing off the symmetry of the 4wd on hardpack creating undesirable handling characteristics.

sometimes minor changes can have drastic effects. For instance, my rig will pull pretty hard to one side on pavement if one of the back tires is as little as 3-4 psi lower than the other. This effect is amplified under hard acceleration or braking because of what is effectively a spooled(no differential) rear drive

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very negligible, nothing that would cause ill effects. It’s done somewhat commonly
Thanks for the advice. I just pulled the trigger on a set of Carnivores. If it doesn’t feel right, I guess I will be ordering a set of wheels too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Btw, I’ve always heard about people linking Jeeps that don’t have frames but I’ve never met one. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. 😁
Hah! Built mine with a 3 link up front with a track bar and a double triangulated 4 link in the rear. I actually sold that one specifically probably close to 5 years ago. Im done with building jeeps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm running 30x10 terrabites on the stock wheels. I have been running them for about 900 miles and they are doing great. I think you will be more than happy with the Carnivores on the stock wheels. They will work just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts