Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to buy wheels instead of spacers to run 26x12x12 bighorns on the rear. I want to run the 12s for more protection of the wheel, and a better ride. I see alot of guys are running this combo and nobody is mentioning using spacers. I just want to make sure i dont need the spacers. Thanks.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Those terracross are only 11in. Wide and look how close they are to the motor mount on the pass side. That's what im worried about. The bighorns are another inch wider. I can't believe someone doesn't know the answer to this. I can't be the only one who's wanted to run this combo. I really don't want to run a 14in setup if I don't have to.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
No you dont need spacers..If you were running the stock wheels you would but a 4+3 offset is like 3+inches wider than the stocks..I dont remember the "exact" differance but its a lot! Thats on of the reasons ITP has good sales #s on ther 14's, that have a 5+? Offset thats really pretty extreme for a wheel...But stick with the 12's, you'll do much better!!

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Im hoping to ge this set-up ordered by the end of the week.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Check out GBC tires Dirt Tamers I just got a set last week on ebay for $300. w/shipping they look just like the Bighorns. Also just added 2" spacers now 70" wide with rims and spacers

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate everyones imput. Im just glad i have answers now and can get the ball rolling on this. After seeing the pic of that rzr with 11'' wide terracrosses i was def nervous.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what im hearing and seeing its going to be very tight without spacers.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
If I was you, I would just order two 1.5" spacers. When you get your wheels and rubber and try to bolt them on and they don't clear the mount, you'll be pissed. If you they do fit, then you can either sell the spacers or keep them for the times you want some extra width.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have 12" ITP SS212 rims (4+3) with 27x12x12 Swamplites and no rubbing at all, about a 1/4" clearance at full droop.

Vince

·
Registered
161 Posts
I didn't have spacers on at first when I got the rims and tires. I added spacers later just wanted it wider. I will try to post some pic's tomorow. I do like my GBC Dirt Tamers they ride and handle good

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
With my 4+3 wheels and 26.5x11-12 tires, I had to use 1 1/4" spacers to clear the mount. Keep in mind, I have a 2" lift kit too.

It works, but way too close for my comfort..I like the dipstick relocation!

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ So is that picture with or without the spacers?

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well ive heard that they will fit about as many times as i heard the wont fit. Im pretty much sick of it and i really dont want to take a chance so im just going to go with the 14s since they are only 11'' wide in the back. Im not crazy about the 14s but it is what it is i guess. I just know im gonna tear them up on the rocks. :scared2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts