Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys (and gals)...last time we were out at the desert we had a couple A-holes approach camp in the middle of the night. My brother happened to be awake and thought he heard something outside. He looked out his blinds and saw a quad blacked out with two people on it, circling around our campers. The quad stopped just outside of camp and the passenger got off and walked towards the backside of one of the motorhomes out of his site.

He grabbed his Taser (Love em!) and flipped on the porch light and went outside. He heard the quad start up and it took off. Obviously these guys were looking to take another quad, bike or ?? I'm pretty sure the A-hole hauled ass as soon as the light came on. The camp was dark! nobody wants to run their lights all night and kill the battery.

My wife sleeps with this loud ass noise maker in the bedroom, so unless the crook trips and falls into my trailer, I'm not going to know if there's a herd of buffalo outside my place at night. I was trying to figure out a way to setup a motion sensing light on my rig and came across some 12 volt motion sensing RV lights! Now I stock them!

12 Volt Motion sensing RV Light!

Besides the theft prevention benefits, it's a great way to save the RV battery life since it's not burning all the time....and if you put the 200 lumens LED light in there, you go from 12.5 watts down to 2.5 watts.

Here's the Round version, I have one of each on my Trailer.

Have one on my camper and they work awesome!

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
i saw a test on this same light in a rv mag but they never said were to get one and this is the first time ive seen it again rv. net talked about it for a wile but none could be found...nice find.....

·
Helitack
182 Posts
I have one of these on my Holiday Rambler. They are awesome. You can turn it on be for you leave camp (day time) and not have to worry about a dead battery when you return after dark. The light only comes on when it is dark and there is motion. Will not come on if battery gets low. You can override it easily. It is really nice. I would definitely recommend it. I just hope it holds up over time.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Free ground shipping to forum members (in the USA), just select local pick-up at check out and PM me about the order so I don't hound you for shipping fees! They wont ship until Monday as we're closing shop and heading out to the dez for new years!

You guys have a great New Years!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
That motion light is cool. I would like to get one or two of them, it would go good with my 9mm and for the nights when I am having to good of a time, plus if it helps keeping the scumbag thieves away I am ALL-In. Could you please let me know when you get em in stock. Thanks Leo

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leo, they'll be here this week and I'll start shipping them on Monday. I already have a tracking number on the shipment. I'm out! See you guys

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I've had one for sevaral years. There is a pitfall that hasn't been mentioned yet.

It has a low battery feature and once the battery(s) reach this value - The light will not come on.

So - If one dry camps -- This can be a real issue.

Before going to bed - Look at the light and make a note of the LED and compare the color to this chart ........

RED - Low battery and the light won't illuminate. Requires MANUAL re-set.
BLUE -- Day time and the light won't illuminate.
GREEN - Night time and battery voltage is good and the light will illuminate.

Otherwise - GREAT product !!

Dave

PS ............

Another helpful tip -- If your batteries are running low while dry camping -- Usually when one goes to bed all 12V drains are turned off and the batteries will slightly climb back - Enough for the light to function. Just manually re-set and see if the monitor LED flashes GREEN - If so -- You're good to go for the night !!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The light works almost too well! The motion sensor is really sensitive and I'm going to need to adjust it. We put it on at the desert using a makeshift ladder, so I didn't want to keep climbing up the trailer ramp we had pushed against the side of the rig. This things was picking up people moving around at the camp fire from 20 yards away. LED indicators work well, it was flashing red when we started to test it, meaning the battery level was too low and it wasn't going to come on. Turned on the genny and it switched to green and the light turned on with motion. I didn't have the LED's bulbs yet, so the light itself was just standard. I'm back from the trip, so I'm going to take photos of the incandescent light and then replace it with the new LED's that arrived while I was gone so you guys can see the difference. I'll also make some adjustments to the sensors and turn them down so they're not so sensitive. Will post update....and I just lowered the price for a while :)

Get them while they're hot!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Get them while they're hot! Hi Dale pm or post your ph# so I can get one while they are Hot. lol Thanks Leo

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
Camp theives are worse than ever it seems.Good lookin out Dale.
two years ago one of my friends was camping /sleeping in the back of his truck and someone took his 2 quads that were right their and he never heard a thing now thats brave......we all lock up our stuff and cary guns.....

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a bunch of my beer stolen this trip.....at least that's what I told the wife....she thinks I drank it all.....crazy woman

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Leo, give me a call tomorrow 619-244-4410, just NOT during the Charger game! I should have some good pics of the LED lights if you want to wait and see how big of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guys, Here's another way to catch the a%^-holes stealing stuff. Use deer camera's and the scumbags don't even know there pic's are being taken if you get the infrared ones. The motion lights are a great idea also!! If you shoot the little pricks,make sure they're DEAD!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts