Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in tech section but no responses and I found new info.
Had my new rzr for about 3 weeks and have just under 100 miles on it. Last week after sitting out on a damp night it was difficult to start. Turns over but wont fire. Had some rain this past Friday night and Saturday afternoon was very hard to start. Got rained on again Saturday night and when I got home home same thing. Once it starts its a little rough for a few seconds and then runs fine. If I turn it off and back on no problem. Must be moisture getting somewhere but I am not sure where to look. Please help!

Found this video on you tube. Exactly what mine is doing.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sounds to me like your spark plugs are getting wet, Check you spark plugs and wires make the boots are all the way down..If thats not it check you fuel pump pressure....Double check this but I think the pressure should be 32psi +/- 2psi(search it on the forum)

check all your fuel lines for pinches and your vent lines for pinches..Also check your gas as you could have gotten some bad gas...

Just somewhere to start

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. Pulled bed off and found hose from air cleaner box to engine cut or split near the engine end. Pulled plugs and they are black. I am assuming moisture getting into the hose sucked into engine and mixed with gas causing problem. Once engine turns over enough and clean gas gets mixed in it starts and gets hot enough to burn off moisture and no more issues as long as its dry. I will replace the hose and plugs tomorrow. Does this sound like a likely scenario?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That split is supposed to be there...thats not your problem...they put that split there for some reason dealing with cold weather...mine has it as well as all 2012 models and i believe all do but i can only speak for 2012 models.....

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Replace your plugs and plug wires you're not getting good spark that's why the plugs are black, most likely a bad plug wire or cap, and stop grinding your starter on and on like that gives me chills.:ride:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not mine in the video but I agree its painful to listen to!

Thanks for the info on the split in the hose. I would have felt pretty stupid demanding a new one from the dealer today!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced plugs. Checked plug wires and cleaned with contact cleaner. I covered all the vents and intakes and then hosed everything down. It started right up of course. I let it sit for a while and repeated the process and again no problem starting. Good news is its working but bad news I really still don't know what caused this problem in the first place. I plan to put some miles on it this weekend and check the plugs for fouling. Other than that I guess I will just keep some spare plugs handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts