Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time for new tires.....keep 12" wheels or change to 14"....

any comments

·
Registered
543 Posts
14's, look tons better on these big machines and I've ran them for years and Never had a sidewall puncture issue. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If your going to cruise the roads and just look good, 14" rims are fine. If you want something functional that won't leave you stranded, get 12" rims.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been debating the same thing. But I want to run bfgoodrich tires on mine so the only size I can fine are 14" has anybody ran this set up? Hopefully I can find something at the sand sport show next weekend.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Been running 14" and Big Horns for 2400 miles and so far no flats no problems I think I'll stay with what I've got my 2 pennys

·
Registered
10 Posts
14" came on mine. Definitely more susceptible to pinching (snake bite) from experience. I found running 14 lbs in tires helps to minimize. Granted may give up a little on traction, but livable.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
i have 14" big horns on my standard,
the guys are right about pinching,
i,ve never had a problem with that set up,
but i,m aware of where i position my ride going over rocks not to get pinched,

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use 15 inch wheels and truck tires and run 9 lbs air pressure. DOT approved and very dependable. the 14's have a limited amt. of tire choices and the 12 's are way too expansive. Try a 15 and you will never go back...
Good luck mand good riding!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Had 2 different pinches on the last ride with 14"s. Got to keep them with at least 12-14psi but then u just spinning and have no traction. 12"s are my next purchase.

·
Registered
109 Posts
bigger is better i'm running 30 inch tires xp 900 I never bottom out, and I dont need a lift kit 14 wheels

·
Registered
298 Posts
I like my 14's no problems with them yet.

Whats everybody mean when they say pinching?

·
Registered
479 Posts
This is a loaded question but one I know you had to ask to get a good feel of what the folks think.

I run the 14's just because I feel they look better on the SXS's. The bigger wheel gives it some balls. Are they better... probably not, but they look nice and I personally have never had an issue. I'm currently on my 4th RZR and they all have had 14" wheels on them.

If it were an ATV then I'd say 12's for sure, but we are talking UTV's and for me its the 14's

·
Registered
882 Posts
14's, look tons better on these big machines and I've ran them for years and Never had a sidewall puncture issue. Just my $.02

Ditto, I've tried both and the machine handles SOoooooo much better and more stable feeling with 14", plus looks so much better and now I'm not getting pinched sidewalls.... which makes me wonder why people think 12" give you less pinced sidewalls, I had many more pinches and flats with 12" wheels. In fact I haven't had ANY with 14" wheels.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I run about 8 psi in mine so I don't think tire pressure is the answer must be the terrain or the operator some try more pressure but pretty much have the same results "just my thoughts"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts