Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.

Looking at getting an '11 rzr. Just not sure which one to get.

Current thoughts.

-Wife wants EPS (or thinks she does) - But doesnt care for the Orange Madness LE
-Thought about a Camo/Red RZR and adding aftermarket EPS down the line if she decides she needs it.

Prices around here seem to be $1500-$2000 difference betwen the Red and the LE

If I'm reading right the aftermarket EPS goes for $900-$1000.

Other then color - any other reason to get the LE ??

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the opposite problem I'd love to have the orange madness LE plastics but don't want to pay for the power steering!
Typically the LE just has better color options and graphics and aluminum wheels instead of the stock steel.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Hey All.

Looking at getting an '11 rzr. Just not sure which one to get.

Current thoughts.

-Wife wants EPS (or thinks she does) - But doesnt care for the Orange Madness LE
-Thought about a Camo/Red RZR and adding aftermarket EPS down the line if she decides she needs it.

Prices around here seem to be $1500-$2000 difference betwen the Red and the LE

Wellsy....I plan to run my current XP850 tracks on my RZR, so EPS is important to me too (I think). I just don't want to spend the $ on the LE. The only relatively local dealer that has an EPS model is marking them up and giving lousy $ on trades. He's totally inflexible.

So there's plastic upgrades (colors) springs that are painted, factory EPS, cool seat with multi-colors, and the mentioned painted (black) wheels. I think it's got some additional fancy stickers on the sides as well.

I took an Orange one out on Sat. Was fun. Good looking rig for sure.

I like the Orange....just don't want to pay for the fancy stuff that I'll destoy the first six weeks of ownership. I think I'll try it without EPS, then add later. You can get a nice EPS system (very similar to factory) for under 1K from what I found and install bolt-on. I'd rather spend that 2K extra on tires, exhaust, better harness, etc.

Keep in mind you can't currently get standard '11 RZRs. At least I can't. They're not shipping yet. Might be a few weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya trying to firm up some local pricing but heres what I have found so far

Add Camo - Extra $1000 over base model
Add LE with EPS - Extra $2000 over base model

Thinking we'll be going with plane red and adding our own aftermarket goodies..

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Ya trying to firm up some local pricing but heres what I have found so far

Add Camo - Extra $1000 over base model
Add LE with EPS - Extra $2000 over base model

Thinking we'll be going with plane red and adding our own aftermarket goodies..
I think that's a good call personally and the route I'm going to take. Can't wait for the new machines to arrive in NE.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Keep in mind you can't currently get standard '11 RZRs. At least I can't. They're not shipping yet. Might be a few weeks.
I bought my red 2011 last week. They have been available for two weeks now. And as far as the power steering goes, unless your doing alot of trail riding, you don't need it. They turn easy enough without it.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I bought my red 2011 last week. They have been available for two weeks now. And as far as the power steering goes, unless your doing alot of trail riding, you don't need it. They turn easy enough without it.
Axle....There's none in the entire state of Maine. Where are you located? Only reason I'd go for EPS would be to assist with my tracks for winter use. Going to try the tracks without EPS, then add aftermarket if it becomes necessary/desired.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im in Ohio. The dealer told me that the 2011's are really hard to get a hold of i guess. But i would imagine with the tracks you are going to need the power steering. But for normal riding = waste of money.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Im in Ohio. The dealer told me that the 2011's are really hard to get a hold of i guess. But i would imagine with the tracks you are going to need the power steering. But for normal riding = waste of money.
I got Mine TODAY,in Rochester, NH.
I AM planning to get Tracks eventually
but for Rock Crawling with oversized Tires.... Powersteering is the nuts.....
and the wife likes it too! Soooo it was an easy sell for the LE Package...
If you don't think its worth the money...watch the heads turn when I go by! :ride:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts