Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a brand new engine less than 60 miles on it and I’ve had problem after problem but now all of a sudden it will sit and idle all day long but if you go rid 5 minutes down the trail or hitting 220 temps and it just goes up and spews coolant out no matter what and if you let it cool down to under 200 and then try to get back to the truck it will drop temp to around 167 then skyrocket back up I’ve put a new thermostat and cap on it all the hoses get hot I figured maybe it was air but I winched it up a tree and open the cap and tried to bleed the bleed screw but now matter what you do every time you run it and loosen the bleed screw it has air in it

·
The Lone Rzr
2,047 Posts
Re: 11 900 xp overheating and I can’t figure it out

Brand new or new as in rebuilt?
Maybe head gasket

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reman but by a reputable company and there no kind of problems no oil mixing or smoke or anything is the only reason I felt it wasent the head gasket

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We’ll what dosent make since to me is why you can let it idle all day long but the second you go ride in about 10 mins it’s overheating spewing coolant and have to shut it off and let cool of and try to get home and keep doing that

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Do this, let rzr sit until completely cold, then bleed cooling system, then unplug fuel pump or coil so it will not start, then crank engine for 15-30 sec, you should not see coolant level rise, IF you do that means compression from pistons is pushing air into coolant system meaning you have a blown head gasket. Another test, you say it will sit all day idle no overheat, make sure cooling system bleed and full, then let idle for until fans cycle on and off for 30 mins or so, then let cool completely down if you loose even 1 ounce of coolant you got an internal coolant leak meaning head gasket, who built motor?

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts

We’ll what dosent make since to me is why you can let it idle all day long but the second you go ride in about 10 mins it’s overheating spewing coolant and have to shut it off and let cool of and try to get home and keep doing that
When you start driving it you are building more pressure into cooling system which is allowing coolant to enter cylinder which creates heat and air at same time causing to overheat. Does it boil over?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah I’ve bled the system a million times and no matter what you do it’s always got air in the bleed screw and it was built by Cwrzr parts going to contact today about warranty but I’m sure there gonna day oh pull the motor and send it to us then just to find out the won’t warranty it they’ll find some reason not to I’m sure when I can do it my self I’ve built plenty of them so I’m not sure what I’m going to do I’m sure it’s the head gasket like you say So we’ll see I did a compression test and everything was dead on 180 both cylinders so from what I saw that was good if I’m right

·
Registered
12 Posts

Mine done this & it was a bad water pump, O.H. the water pump & was good after that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts