Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Very technical, very tight, very slow trails, full of rocks roots and steep 90* angle turns and climbs. From what I’m reading the woods in north Jersey are made for this clutch,’or the other way around. I’ve had the machine for a year and haven’t hit 40mph. Does that sound like Duraclutch territory?

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very technical, very tight, very slow trails, full of rocks roots and steep 90* angle turns and climbs. From what I’m reading the woods in north Jersey are made for this clutch,’or the other way around. I’ve had the machine for a year and haven’t hit 40mph. Does that sound like Duraclutch territory?
Perfect riding style for it

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Anybody purchase one for a 900 recently? I’m wondering if the kit ships with the upgraded primary retaining bolt. The higher grade one with the shorter threaded area and necked down end. Just curious.

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody purchase one for a 900 recently? I’m wondering if the kit ships with the upgraded primary retaining bolt. The higher grade one with the shorter threaded area and necked down end. Just curious.
All duraclutches ships with a new and different primary bolt and the torque on the primary is just 60lbs not 96 like stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Todd...I just bought a Razorback Temp Gauge but now considering a Duraclutch from you. I haven’t installed the temp gauge yet so wanted to know if I even should? Doesn’t seem like belt temps are a concern anymore with the Duraclutch...any guidance on this is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey Todd,

Couple questions about the Duraclutch.

Since the one way bearing is replaced with a Sprague unit I can see that the starting ratio will be lower because the belt can fall lower down on the sheaves, my question is how much lower is the starting ratio on the Duraclutch compared to stock? We are talking about the XP1K Application.

Second question is what is the life expectancy on the clutch pack? Is it easily rebuild able?

Third question is the belt it comes with, is this a specific belt for the duraclutch setup or can we use one of your HW Belts?

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is not a sprague it is still a one way bearing

I am not sure we have ever put a number on it, I have one on my Ranger and it is much lower to 5 mph in low and 10 in high then it comes out and acts like a normal clutch

People have burned clutch packs up due to bad driving skills or practices but never worn one out and it would have to go back to Duraclutch to replace them. Since this has never happened in 4 years I been selling them, I would not be concerned.

Yes it comes with a Duraclutch belt and you must use it, however it has a 5000 mile warranty and no time limit on it. Only a handful of people ever needed another belt so once again, not something to be too concerned with and if you want an extra when you call to order just get an extra for $142

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
462 Posts
It is not a sprague it is still a one way bearing

I am not sure we have ever put a number on it, I have one on my Ranger and it is much lower to 5 mph in low and 10 in high then it comes out and acts like a normal clutch

People have burned clutch packs up due to bad driving skills or practices but never worn one out and it would have to go back to Duraclutch to replace them. Since this has never happened in 4 years I been selling them, I would not be concerned.

Yes it comes with a Duraclutch belt and you must use it, however it has a 5000 mile warranty and no time limit on it. Only a handful of people ever needed another belt so once again, not something to be too concerned with and if you want an extra when you call to order just get an extra for $142

Thanks
Todd
Thanks for your time Todd, I'll call you up when I'm ready to place the order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4x4 kick out

I HAVE A 2015 1000 XP RZR, HATE HOW THE 4X4 KICKS OUT GOING DOWN SNOWY ,ROCKY HILLS AND MAKING ONLY THE REAR WHEELS HAVE COMPRESSION ,THEN PUTTIN YOU IN A SLIDE, WILL THIS CLUTCH HELP THIS PROBLEM? I WANT THE 4X4 TO STAY IN WHEN I HIT THE BUTTON! THANKS MIKE FROM WA.STATE

·
Vendor
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: 4x4 kick out

I HAVE A 2015 1000 XP RZR, HATE HOW THE 4X4 KICKS OUT GOING DOWN SNOWY ,ROCKY HILLS AND MAKING ONLY THE REAR WHEELS HAVE COMPRESSION ,THEN PUTTIN YOU IN A SLIDE, WILL THIS CLUTCH HELP THIS PROBLEM? I WANT THE 4X4 TO STAY IN WHEN I HIT THE BUTTON! THANKS MIKE FROM WA.STATE
No sir, not aware of anything that will make 4x4 engage on decel. For the front diff to be engaged the rear tires have to be spinning.

There might be someone on here that has some advice but it can't be changed in the clutch. The Duraclutch has full on engine braking though where yours kicks out at slower speeds.

Todd

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: 4x4 kick out

This might be what you're looking for, wouldn't hurt to call them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts