Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No haters, I just don't have the right setup to run. Bone stock xp 900 is not going to cut it. The tight woods races I can hang.
I wouldnt say that, the race that was in may there i raced a stock 570 in the QR2 class just for shits and giggles. i got 3rd in class and 7th overall
Yeah, the key to this race is Forward Movement. And trust me, that is a lot harder done than said!

My old body starts really wanting to stop for a break around the 3 hour mark! And you will be amazed at how long it takes you to just get out for a Potty break!! Adds like 3 minutes to one lap!

We are consistently seeing QR2 cars in the top 5 or 6 this season... I think a well timed pit stop by one of those 10 gallon-tanked S1000 cars just may over all a race or two next season!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I'm young and in shape. I don't have power steering and I need arm restraints. I doubt I'd have to stop for a potty break. Putting fuel in would be an issue and it seems like my 900 uses more fuel than most 1000s.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Well I'm young and in shape. I don't have power steering and I need arm restraints. I doubt I'd have to stop for a potty break. Putting fuel in would be an issue and it seems like my 900 uses more fuel than most 1000s.
You should be able to figure in 6 laps on a full tank. My boy done 13 laps and it came in with one bar left on the gauge.

Arm restraints are pretty easy to come by... And, I also figured out an extremely easy way to do window nets too.

I just bought some stock car window nets... seems like they were 18 bucks each. I think bought some of those quick release buckles from a climbing/hiking store. I used my mother-in laws industrial sewing machine to sew the straps needed in place but I could have just as easily used a few more strap buckles.

They are not the trickest, or best looking... but I have 25 in each one. :clap:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
here's is my boy's 2nd lap in Round 2 this season.

He was lapping pretty good and was around the top 6 or 7 even after a quick pit stop to clean out his radiator. (we have since added the Yoshimura roost guard and solved this problem

After a couple steady laps, he would have to come in and change out his plastic seat base tho... took him 8 minutes to get this done because he stopped on the course and we couldn't help him. Pit crew can only help inside of the pits, other wise, the racer has to repair his own car. Stopping was simply a mistake on his part. LOL

Mistake #1 was on me tho. I knew it was loose before the start, but he liked the plastic one because it sit up higher. Easy fix tho, We moved the light bar back to the top of his cage and went back to a metal seat base for the next round.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Another important thing you will noticed is this is Not a Bumper Car race! Each person is supposed to pull over when they hear your horn...or feel the "love tap"

And for the most part, everyone moves over fairly quickly too.

I love the GNCCs... but I clearly remember getting bashed from behind while I was bashing the guy in front of me for Lap after Lap! Very frustrating! But, it's only a one hour race, so everyone is in a big impatient hurry!

·
Registered
165 Posts
It will be good to see you guys out there again.

Are yuns bringing the 900 car or a 1000 ?

Or even a Turbo car !!

Not 100% sure yet. Trying to save the xp900 for XC, but it's bad fast and fun to drive. Who knows it just might be something new and aspirated.

does this mean, You think you can get a New Yamaha out there before 9/12 !

If things go well. I would like to have in hand to run it. Do some shock tuning and run it stock with some possible wheels and tires. All might be stretch . Jamie's 1000 is for sale also, if you know anyone might be interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts

He was lapping pretty good and was around the top 6 or 7 even after a quick pit stop to clean out his radiator. (we have since added the Yoshimura roost guard and solved this problem

After a couple steady laps, he would have to come in and change out his plastic seat base tho... took him 8 minutes to get this done because he stopped on the course and we couldn't help him. Pit crew can only help inside of the pits, other wise, the racer has to repair his own car. Stopping was simply a mistake on his part. LOL

Mistake #1 was on me tho. I knew it was loose before the start, but he liked the plastic one because it sit up higher. Easy fix tho, We moved the light bar back to the top of his cage and went back to a metal seat base for the next round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVxAoa6L40
Look like he had to show the guy in front of him he thought he was #1 when the guy finally pulled over. LOL

·
Registered
1,128 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVxAoa6L40
Look like he had to show the guy in front of him he thought he was #1 when the guy finally pulled over. LOL
Nah, they actually know each other and usually tend to run pretty close together. Plus, I am sure my boy's horn messing up didn't help matters any.

Bringing that up also points out a great fact about these 4 hour races too!

Im pretty sure The guy he was following in the(xp900 car) finished 7th over all and 5th in class that race!
After taking the 8+ minutes to change out his seat base, my boy ended up 9th. LoL

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
bring this to pennsylvania Id love to do this but not sure if the 1000s platform will work for racing
I believe the S1000 car will be the one to have next season in QR2. That 10 gallon tank will allow you to run longer and your pit stop will be shorter because you wont have to take on as much fuel.

You would be surprised how long it takes to pour 7 gallons into one of the xp900 cars. We only go 6 laps, where as the 900S cars are running upto 9 laps before they pit.

Last year in a stock 570 we could run 11 laps on one tank!

I will admit tho, you may not want to air out the 1000S cars like they do some of the xp1ks. Even the 900xp hits awfully hard sometimes... we basically throttle back a little now before we launch them off the big jumps.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts