Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All first time racers there is a $1000.00 bounty for all first time racer to win QR1 class do you have the balls to run for four hours and is your machine up to the challenge lets see on Sept 12 in Alabama and its double pay out chance to win $2500.00 :clap:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to all the what to be racers a hour wouldn't even heat our motor oil boys come ask the wife if you can race

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Southeastsxs.com or rally raid on Facebook if you come u will be hooked its the best track out there fun and not bad on the machine no tight areas to go between trees like gncc no ruts to break suspension parts alot of the track gets watered before so not alot of dust mixes night and day racing won't find a better group of guys to race with everybody helps everybody

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you watch the videos most of the track is woods and alot of turns just not ones thar there are only two inches of clearance of your car that's not race that's just waiting to wreck your machine trust me this is the best track in the country for utvs

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No haters, I just don't have the right setup to run. Bone stock xp 900 is not going to cut it. The tight woods races I can hang.
We run two (pretty close to stock) xp900s. got a couple of 3rds in the QR 2 class thus far too.

We actually enter one boy into QR3 and one into QR2.... simply because they wont make it 3 corners if they take off side by side! LOL

QR1 car is the WE edition and we have been running bone stock shocks with the oem sway bar set up. For this time we will still have the stock shocks but we did add a solid rear sway bar.

Our black car has we the OEM WE shocks on it from a Jagged X car.

Of course, we have added some other race goodies as we have went a long. Like a Pro Armor cage, polaris doors, light bars, bead lock wheels, bumpers etc.

But when we came out two seasons ago, I brought a stock 2011 xp900 and a stock 570 out to have some fun! We won the QR3 class championship our first year out! Missed our 2nd class championship by 2 points last season too!

My youngest boy got a couple podiums and even won the overall once last season in a stock xp1k with Double E suspension. Both boys wanted to run better cars so I traded the 1k for (2) 13 model xp900s over the winter.

My youngest has consistently run laps in the top 5 this year in his xp900 car too... but with all the new Turbos coming out, we will be dropping him back to the QR2 class for the rest of this season too. If he can keep it on all four for a whole race, then he will be hard to beat in that class.

Stock Xp900 is very competitive in QR2. An xp900 has won all 4 rounds thus far this year... with 2nd being shuffled around between a couple different S900 cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It honestly looks like a blast from the vidoes. I like the fast groomed tracks. Went to bill baird's track for an open practice and it was awesome. It's a 5 hour drive for me to the next race.

Ya the plan for me is to sell my xp 900 and then get either a 1000s or the new yamaha. Then build one of those 2 for the stock class.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yeah, I am waiting a little longer to make up my mind too.
So many good looking options for next season already out there! But to be honest, I will probably lean towards something for the QR2 class. I really like something I can just buy, add a few safety items and then be competitive.

It's an 8 hour drive each way for us too. We always spend the night there and then make the trip back on Sunday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No haters, I just don't have the right setup to run. Bone stock xp 900 is not going to cut it. The tight woods races I can hang.
I wouldnt say that, the race that was in may there i raced a stock 570 in the QR2 class just for shits and giggles. i got 3rd in class and 7th overall

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok so I've been watching videos and I'm intrigued. It looks awesome. Is it 2 hours during the day, then a break, then 2 hours at night? What time does this start? I have a 5 hour drive, so I need to plan this out if I'm going to come. Thanks for all the info btw. I'm going to try to get my buddy to race his 1k4. We ran a few ixcr races last year, but he never finished.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ok so I've been watching videos and I'm intrigued. It looks awesome. Is it 2 hours during the day, then a break, then 2 hours at night? What time does this start? I have a 5 hour drive, so I need to plan this out if I'm going to come. Thanks for all the info btw. I'm going to try to get my buddy to race his 1k4. We ran a few ixcr races last year, but he never finished.
4 hour race format which starts 2 hours before sun set. Usually starts 2 at a time with 30 seconds before the next two take off.

A cheaper and less stressful way to try it out is by teaming up with a friend too.

There are (2) Team formats.

1) Same buggy for the entire 4 hours with 2 drivers rotating in and out. How many times is up to you.
2) 2 buggies and one driver pilots his buggy for the first stint, then pulls in, hands off the timer to the 2nd driver and he finishes out the race in his buggy. The 2nd car is required to do a fuel stop before going back out tho.

I believe the IXCR tracks are more in line with the GNCC layout... this trace is no where near as rough as a GNCC course. Of course with all the buggies doing laps, there will be rutts that develope, and rocks and roots un-covered...but no where near as rough as a GNCC. absolutely no bottle necks here.
This track is designed to flow with a few elevation changes and a bunch of turns to help keep the speeds down a little. It really does have a little of everything with

I will see if I can post up my boys lap from the past race. it shows him following some, passing some, getting passed, and even having to pull in for a pit stop...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
GForce Racing/M&S Team will be there for the Sept. 12 battle.

It will be good to see you guys out there again.

Are yuns bringing the 900 car or a 1000 ?

Or even a Turbo car !!
Not 100% sure yet. Trying to save the xp900 for XC, but it's bad fast and fun to drive. Who knows it just might be something new and aspirated.
does this mean, You think you can get a New Yamaha out there before 9/12 !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts