Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Fresh Meat!
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the stupidest man alive. Low speed rollover in banked curve, not sure why I did it, but I did. Stuck my hand out to stop it and this happened.

Roll cage landed on my arm. Felt the bones shatter instantly. Compound fracture, hundreds of pieces. Please learn from my mistake. Keep you hands on the wheel and grab bar when going over!

Looks like this now...

Go in Thursday to have it a removed and see whats up. Possible bone graph coming in a few months.

Mav

·
Registered
104 Posts
Holy crap, that looks bad! I've been tempted to do the same kind of thing while riding my quad. It really hard not to because your instinct is to try and save it. Hope the recovery goes well.

John

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
That looks painful. I did the same fracture without the open skin thing as a young man and it'll make you quit showing off the the girls.
You aren't any dumber than the rest of us. That has to be the one single universal reaction to a rollover if ever there was one. If there's one thing to be thankful for its that you didn't get a leg out to try to stop it. On of our neighbor's kids dod that and promptly sawed off his foot. Its back in place but he's not able to do much more than a slow limp to this day.
Heal well and here's hoping for a complete recovery. You now have a "weather arm"
I can't predict rain, but if it starts and I'm inside a building I can tell you its raining from that gentle throbbing in my ankle and wrist.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Ooouucchh!!! Bummer man get better.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
You aren't any dumber than the rest of us. That has to be the one single universal reaction to a rollover if ever there was one.
I agree 100%.

Seems like that is almost a non voluntary reflex motion. Kind of like putting ones hands out in front of them when falling forward.

Drivers that have thought/planned about it enough, beforehand, planning exactly what they will do in a roll to counter that involuntary reflex motion, MAYBE can resit doing exactly what you did, in the right circumstances... Hard thing to do sometimes. Especially if things are coming in, getting close to your face.

Don't be to hard on yourself.

I hope for a speedy full recovery for you.

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
Thats bad, really bad. Hey you might be able to get some money out of that doctor in a lawsuit. They left the razor they used to shave your arm in there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WOW. that Sucks!!!! I think that shit is instinct and it's why the call them 'accidents'. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
I see you have a Honda 700 XX. That's the same bike I have. How much does it sit now, and what is your ride of choice now?
I've been sitting on the fence so long about a 570 or now It's a 800 S LE. With your 700XX experience could you recommend one or the other? Does one atv/utv sit and collect dust now? Thanks and again, I hope the pain pills do you good!

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
ouch!
recover good,
thanks for sharing the pics
this also acts as a good reminder what not to do in a roll over,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hope they gave you some good meds I'm super gluing my hands to the steering wheel hope it gets better soon

·
Registered
183 Posts
You need a disclaimer on the subject line.... WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS ATTACHED.

Seriously though I hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Get well soon! and there goes the "Fast lane" in the airports.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dam! I fractured my foot when my KTM bucked me off. It was ALOT of pain for 1 friggin bone in my foot. Looking at your x-ray was making me cringe. Hope your recovery goes well!!

G

·
Natural reaction..anyone who thinks they are immune from doing the same is only fooling themselves. The only sure way to prevent that type of injury is physical protection..wrist restraints or window nets. Those who roll without them and dont get injured got lucky...and many do..but again IMO it's luck and nothing more. Preventing instinct takes repetitive muscle memory type training..how many people have been rolled upside down while strap in over and over? I have( military Helo training ) and I still wouldn't swear I wouldn't stick my arm out.

Good luck with your recovery.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
OUCH, hope you heal quickly. My wife drives the machine mostly and I feel like I am preaching at her to make sure she keeps inside if she does happen to roll it over.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts