Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have an idea that I am currently considering trying. Racing my Turbo S at an 1/8 mile drag strip. I talked to the track officials and all I have to buy arm restraints. Currently my '21 Turbo S Velocity has an AA stage 3 tune and a clutch.

Anyone have ideas on a wheel/tire setup? AWD vs RWD is also a consideration. Thinking RWD would be best. Where could I buy proper 15" wheels off the shelf? Thinking 15x7 in the rear with 26" tall Hoosiers that a car would use. No idea for fronts but 3-5" wide would be great.

Has this been done? Thoughts? Am I crazy? 馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bit the bullet and ordered 15x7" wheels with 26x8" Hoosier slicks on rear and 26x8" street tires on the front. I went out racing and its an animal. Hooks really good. Going to the 1/8 mile race track tonight to get some official numbers. Can post pics/vids if anyone is interested.

Go Big or Go Home!
Did you try this? The 26" seems to small to me! I ran mine at the 1/8 mile track in Buffalo valley and ran 8.76. (Slight up hill track) I had to run in 4wd, first pass in 2wd and it spun like crazy and ran 11.70. Mine is a 2020 turbo xp. It did good the first half of track but felt sluggish on back half. I had tires that measured 29". Now I'm running tires that measure 31-32 so I'm thinking I could do a little better now. I also have hmf exhaust and rvs stage 3 now which should make a good difference in itself. I'm wanting to go back but thinking about lowering it a bit and maybe a little clutch work first so I could get to a higher speed faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.