Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
No update yesterday because there wasn’t too much excitement. My daughter was still a little under the weather in the morning, then by the afternoon her and the rest of the fam wanted to hang out in town and cruise around, so no rides but we had fun together.

Had to do a little trailer work this morning - one of the brake wires disconnected, so it was a pretty quick and easy fix.

Today I was back at it, hitting poison spider, golden spike and where eagles dare. No where eagles dare pics because I was doing everything to keep from having a code brown situation. Poison spider is a blast but my rock sliders and skid plates might disagree🤣🤣. Some of the signed obstacles were a little underwhelming compared to my expectations. The waterfall wasn’t bad at all, but the ledgy switchbacks just above it were pretty rowdy.

Made my belt pretty unhappy too. I tried to climb a steep ledge in high gear by accident. Thought it was tire smoke until I smelled it. Seems ok now, but I’ll order up a new one when I get back. I’ve still got a backup on the cage if it gives up the ghost. PSA - don’t rock crawl in high gear!

Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Woody plant

Sky Bedrock Landscape Slope Formation

Brown Sky Plant Bedrock Natural landscape

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sky Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Awesome! Glad you all are having a good time! Hope she’s fully recovered for tomorrow!
Love poison spider (trifecta) all the way over to Gemini bridges. Would love to try rusty nail next time I go.

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
BondoMan- how do you like the RollPax?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
I’ve used it twice and really like it except for the whole locking spout, but I think that’s more of an emissions thing than a design/quality issue. The mounts are solid, the can itself is thick walled and fits tight into the mounts. No issues with ballooning or leaking, but I do occasionally burp it when it’s filled.

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Went this morning and hung out in the behind the rocks area. I did some of the trail, played in the dunes and ran to the Kane Creek overlook. Going in I did rubble hill at the beginning of the trail - that things a butt clencher! I also played around with my drone a bit and got some cool videos.
Brown Plant Bedrock Natural landscape Terrain

Sky Bedrock Terrain Wood Landscape

Sky Natural landscape Shrub Groundcover Landscape

Plant community Ecoregion Plant Bedrock Terrain

Brown Sky Bedrock Natural landscape Mountain

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

Brown Sky Bedrock Natural landscape Terrain

Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape Cloud

Sky Cloud Terrain Natural landscape Singing sand

·
Registered
471 Posts
Went this morning and hung out in the behind the rocks area. I did some of the trail, played in the dunes and ran to the Kane Creek overlook. Going in I did rubble hill at the beginning of the trail - that things a butt clencher! I also played around with my drone a bit and got some cool videos.
View attachment 699909
View attachment 699910
View attachment 699900
View attachment 699903
View attachment 699906
View attachment 699905
View attachment 699904
View attachment 699902
View attachment 699901
Nice Roost!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
What drone do you have? We’ve been talking about getting one
It’s a Skydio, and I got it with the cinema kit. It isn’t the cheapest option but I bought it because the camera is good and the autonomy features are awesome. And it’s made in the USA to boot!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It’s a Skydio, and I got it with the cinema kit. It isn’t the cheapest option but I bought it because the camera is good and the autonomy features are awesome. And it’s made in the USA to boot!

That’s one we were looking at. The other I saw was a exo Blackhawk I think. How good is all the autonomic (?) stuff on it? That seems like the major selling point to me

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
That’s one we were looking at. The other I saw was a exo Blackhawk I think. How good is all the autonomic (?) stuff on it? That seems like the major selling point to me
That was the big selling point for me. Using the beacon, it’s case open to hand launched and ready to ride in about 3-4 minutes, and it’s still pretty new to me.

There are a bunch of different features most of which I haven’t explored yet. I’ve used follow, spiral and rotate, and there are settings within the settings to customize too. It’s easy to pick what you want. Manual control with the controller is simple too. At lone rock I ran it out of range and it automatically retraced its path back towards me.

The obstacle avoidance has worked well so far too, no crashes yet! I really like just launching it and doing my thing. I still look occasionally to make sure it didn’t crash or get lost, but it’s always there m. When the battery starts to get low the beacon light will flash yellow. I 3D printed a mount for it and strapped it to the A pillar of my cage right in front of me.

Video and picture quality is good too. I’ve been using the ND filters and auto settings, but if you’re a photo/video buff there is a lot of customization available

Bottom line - I’d buy it again.

When I get back, I’ll edit and post some videos to YouTube to check out.

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Last day and we took a scenic drive through onion creek. Played around more with the drone, I’m really liking it. We’re packing tonight to be on the road early tomorrow, and some time over the weekend I’ll post my thoughts on the area, tractor and anything else that seems relevant to someone wanting to make the trip.
Brown Cloud Sky Mountain Bedrock

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Cloud Plant Sky Plant community Mountain

Plant Plant community Mountain Cloud Ecoregion

Cloud Sky Bedrock Mountain Natural landscape

Plant Mountain Bedrock Cloud Terrain

Cloud Plant community Mountain Ecoregion Sky

Brown Cloud Sky Bedrock Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Pro XP 4
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
The kids were great in the car, so the boss and I (well, I, because I had to wheel it) decided to cannonball it and fit all 20 hours of the ride home into one shot. Got home around 2:30am so todays been about unpacking and being lazy.

I did manage to download a snippet from the drone. I’ll probably need to upgrade my old PC for these kinds of files. Anybody have a preferred video editing software?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts